Author Topic: Bucket Lift / Boom Lift  (Read 5903 times)

Offline wwwgator

• S.E. WI
Re: Bucket Lift / Boom Lift
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, »
We have to do high lift certification on a yearly basis.
The reason they want you wearing a harness is that if you flip the lift, you dont get sling shotted (?) out....
they want to find you as close to the crash site as possible.... <fp.

Its really for the "I can reach this...." syndrome. I have seen guys tumble out at 140' trying to drive that "last fastener".

Most importantly, watch out for soft ground and power lines....if you see a flash, dont smile, they are NOT taking your picture.
I know nothing......and I prove it DAILY!!!

Getting crazy ideas and breaking stuff since 1977

Master Electrician/ Electrical Inspector/ Evil Genius (apprentice)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, »
I rented one of the JLG towables from Home Depot this year.  It was AWESOME!  $200 for 8 hours or $135 for 4.  I would only need it for a couple of hours next year since I was able to set up my display and get things done and tied up this year.  Now it is only a matter of putting it up...no construction necessary.  I could get by on 2 hours probably, but 4 hour minimum.  :'(   I liked it so much, I thought about buying one and renting it out the rest of the year.   :D

-Keith

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, »
This past year I mounted the lights that go in the house to 1/2 metal conduit after I painted it black. I added eye bolts to the ends and put hooks on the house very simple to get on and off now. They are in sections to match the length of the lights. they fold up to a max length of 10 feet and store very nicely in my attic.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login