Author Topic: Check sum on SSC??  (Read 1320 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Check sum on SSC??
« on: November 27, 2011, »
Does the check sum on the pic change after you program the channels with the Smart String Utility? The reason I ask is I am having trouble getting the correct colors to work on standard LSP transitions. I decided to check the sscs to see if they were the issue and the check sum has been different on all 6 that I have checked now. I don't want to reprogram all 32 if I am wiping them out with the PICit3.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Check sum on SSC??
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, »
Yes the checksum will change with change of start address and options (string, hybrid mode, null node, etc)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, »
Shoot there goes that theory! Thanks Rick!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, »
The reason I created Color Finder was because I could not get the color I wanted. The pure colors should be correct (100% Red, Green, Blue or White) but when you mix colors they will be different then the normal color chart.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, »
My problem is severe. If I run an LSP standard transition, the American Flag, for example, it has alot of green and other colors in it. So much that no one would ever know that it was a flag on my tree. If I build just an "all on" sequence with RGBW everything looks great. I am really struggling right now and don't know where to go from here.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, »
Double check the LSP channels and make sure they are not off by one where you have it correction your test sequence.

Sorry I don't really know much about LSP. If Green color suppose to be Red then I would say something is off by a channel.

Rick R.

Offline Corey872

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, »
I have noticed 'blended' colors are pretty far from accurate...ie a true 'snow white' on my nodes is about 255, 208, 107 in RGB, a nice orange 135, 19, 00, nice yellow 83, 29, 00 etc.  With that being said, the flag should mostly represent primary colors...red, blue - the only reason for green to be on would be for the white blend.

Out of curiosity, does the green seem to completely replace one color (ie blue or white) or does it just seem to be randomly mixed around the pattern?  Also it it incorrect on all strings, or does it start at a certain point?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, »
Green is very random and on all strings I would say. I am actually colorblind, but my wife says that there is yellow throughout also. I have a post on LSP and on this forum in the LSP header, but no solutions yet. Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, »
I was getting incorrect colors when I exported LSP to LOR when using a E1.31 RGB controller in LSP but when I used a PixelNet RGB controller it was then correct on the export.

This may or may not help.

Bill

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, »
Thanks Bill, but everything I am doing is in LSP. I am using a Pixelnet dongle and no import or export.