Hardware > Lynx Wireless DMX

Wireless with wallwasher

(1/3) > >>

Sloanhaus:
I have 7 wall washers and I am wanting to make each of them wireless, to do this, would I run a cord from my outlet, split it into two, take one end directly to the wallwasher for my 110 power supply, and than run the other end to a wall wart to supply power to the wireless board? I am really wanting to only have one wire running to each wall washer... Also, which wal wart is recommended for powering these boards, examples would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

KeithTarpley:
Greetings,,,

The standalone receivers will have an ac cord needed for each.  If the BOM isn't yet updated for them, the Mouser direct link there shows the ac adapter for it, and also for the transmitter, for its Mouser direct info.

Keith

Sloanhaus:
Is there any way to run them off a car battery to go completely wireless?

vairmoose:
the stand-alone receiver would run off a car battery,  but    -  (there is always a but)  ..  the battery would have way more voltage and amperage avalable than needed ...  and the 12 volt  (actually more than that in a fully charged battery)   would drive the 7805 too hard over time  -- probable outcome would be cooking it..... and possiblly  the more expensive components too ..   and you know it would happen at the worst possible moment...   

...      if you want to to provide power for only the receiver ....    stay  in the  7.5 - 10 volt DC region...   ..   9 volt recommended.     

Larry

wjgiles50:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIs there any way to run them off a car battery to go completely wireless?

--- End quote ---

You should be able to find a 12v to 9v dc to dc converter somewhere.  Look around for cell phone car chargers that run on 9v.  Your local Goodwill is a great place to look for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version