Author Topic: wreaths using rgb?  (Read 2953 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: wreaths using rgb?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The only thing I don't like is I never can get a purple or orange that looks as good as a true purple or orange led for halloween.
my son and I were using windows color charts and came up with some awesome orange and purple. Give it a try.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, »
I think the problem with RGB is that orange and purple are not as saturated/bright as the rgb colors.  I think you could adjust for this and reduce RGB, but I doubt anybody would want to do that.  I know I didn't.  Might be doable for a Halloween only show.   

No doubt though, rgb is not a perfect solution.  I recall not being able to create brown with RGB but never tried nor cared...  I don't care what anybody says, the 8mm pixel does not have the output of a c9 incan either, MAAAYBE a low watt c7...  Can't speak to led varieties.  That said, there is a dual 5050 RGB c9 out and I bet it appears more promising.  I also do not care for the milky (frosted) 8mm led and prefer the pure color from the 5050...  The 5050 is nearly 2x brighter as well. 

I will say this though, once I saw what RGB and incan together, I decided immediately to abandon incan.  They just do not mesh well IMO.  Since I had no color or led strings, I feel fortunate that I waited for RGB. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, »
Link to the dual 5050 RGB c9's if anybody was interested.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Heads up 2811IC though.  Waiting for some folks to confirm what's going on with the 2811 and SSCv4.   

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, »
You will not be able to create brown with our RGB nodes because brown requires black and our nodes can't do that. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, »
And for me, I don't do Halloween and my main colors are just red, green and "white".

I agree not as bright as C9, but I'll have so many MORE of them, I'm also kind of worried how bright the entire thing will end of being.

Does anyone dim these RGB LED(s) or run less than 100% intensity by default?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, »
I agree not as bright as C9, but I'll have so many MORE of them, I'm also kind of worried how bright the entire thing will end of being.

Does anyone dim these RGB LED(s) or run less than 100% intensity by default?

No, I don't run less than 100% brightness.  Although, I've wondered if making them dim would be better for video purposes.

Are both houses making the switch to RGB?  That's a lot of channels!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, »
Yes, both houses are switching to RGB.  My Dad bought 100 10' pieces of 1/2 EMT to do the houses, the matrix and the 1/2 RGB megatree.  This assumes we get a LOT of work done still, but thats the plan.

My confidence level isn't real high at the moment, lol !
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, »
Yes, both houses are switching to RGB.  My Dad bought 100 10' pieces of 1/2 EMT to do the houses, the matrix and the 1/2 RGB megatree.  This assumes we get a LOT of work done still, but thats the plan.

Regardless, it's always cool to see what you've done!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, »

Thank you for bringing MY confidence level back up!   ;D  Was worried about only adding a 1/2 SS mega.

Best of luck!!! 

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, »
How did you wrap the flex strips around it?
Just started at the top and went around like a candy cane.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL