Author Topic: Workshop heading  (Read 1299 times)

Offline travailen

Workshop heading
« on: December 09, 2010, »
We have a porch. I  would  like to suggest a workshop.

I am working on a mega tree for next year. I am intetested in how other members have built their tree and what they learned along the way so I am digging around the various topics. I was thinking if there was a "workshop" area, we could share how we build stuff for our blinkies and what worked and what didn't. The "Workshop" would be a good resouce for us new guys to learn from the experienced. 

Rick S

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Workshop heading
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, »
This is my 3rd year with a mega tree.  10ft, then 16 ft., and now around 17ft.  The first two blew over so I have learned that anchoring is very important.  This year I am using an expandable 30ft flagpole but it isn;t really strong enough to hold my 64 LED strings.  I'm running with 32 and it looks ok, but not as full as I would like.  Since I'm not getting any younger and I want to keep doing this I have been acquiring the parts to build a motorized Monkhouse JUMP (Jack Up Mega Pole) to make it easier and sturdier.  I hope to have it built before I put all the lights away so I can test it out.  More information is available at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login click on the link on the right side of the screen for the JUMP info
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, »
This is the tree i built this year, What a great design,

Only takes one person to raise the tree no matter how many lights you have on the tree.

My tree has 128 strings of 70 count G12 LED's.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Click on the JUMP instruction box.

Start early constructing this tree, it is well worth it.

BTW: You do not need any guy wires if you want.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, by Dennis Cherry »
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, »
I second the idea of a workshop area...Any admins third the idea?

Offline travailen

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, »
Thanks for the ideas. I think this might work good for me as my septic tank field is in my front yard and so I cannot dig any holes to plant a mega tree.

Rick S