Author Topic: What Frequency????  (Read 727 times)

sjb

What Frequency????
« on: October 03, 2012, »
I have to go pick up my transmitter today  >.d9 >.d9 and I was wondering (I know all areas are different for FM stations), but how close of a frequency do come to an existing FM station. For instance if the lowest radio station is 96.3 do you go to 96.0 or do you go at least 1.0 (95.3) of a differance.

Thanks

Offline kevinpickett

• Colorado Christmas
Re: What Frequency????
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, »
I try to use one that has at least 2 blank channels on both sides. i.e 95.9 blank, 96.1 blank, USE 96.3, 96.5 blank, 96.7 blank.

Here is a nifty tool to see what frequency is not in use in your area.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
---------------------------
Kevin
Colorado Christmas

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, »

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, »
Something I ran into last year.  I have a station that popped up on the frequency I used for years.  I easily overpower it, but I plan to move to an unused one.  Therefore, I would urge anyone to check that your frequency is unused every year and make sure your tune to sign can be altered or cheap enough to replace.  Never really thought this could happen...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline davron12

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, »
Yeah, I can just imagine it...people tune into your station only to hear Mmmbop playing instead of Oh Come All Ye Faithful causing all kinds of accidents in front of your house.