Author Topic: New model needed for mini trees  (Read 625 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
New model needed for mini trees
« on: October 27, 2013, »
I have just completed adding models for my non RGB elements to nutcracker.  My first test was to just play some old sequences in preview mode and for the most part it worked really good.  I was able to get everything loaded that I wanted but my mini trees.  My mini trees are just 3 color (separate LED strings) and use sequential channels for WRG, but the only way to depict that is to make 3 mini trees with one for each color and position them on top of each other.  This means that for 16 mini trees I need 48 models which becomes very unmanageable.  I tried using 3 channel RGB to make a single tree which physically works good on the preview, but puts the colors out whack from reality - RGB vs WRG.  Using the 3 channel RGB string type still means having 16 models for 16 trees.  Two things I would like to see in a future update is to add a mini tree type with multiple allowed, like arches are and also to be able to select what colors are used and in what order.

Besides the above I am really impressed at how well it turned out and am looking forward to now adding or replacing some of the effects in my current sequences.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA