Author Topic: Lynx Pixelnet Problem or what?  (Read 943 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

Lynx Pixelnet Problem or what?
« on: June 28, 2012, »
I now have all my July 4 show up an running.

The configuration is as follows:

Sequences developed in LSP, exported to LOR S2 and run with xLights. I have 4 sequences for now.

Computer ---> p-dongle --->  Active hub ---> 5 groups of 10 stars with rectangles.
                                                 !------> DMX output ---> Wireless TX     Wireless RX ---> DMX elements.

NO I can't run the e-dongle because of a bug (discussed in another thread).

The DMX network works just fine. All channels go off between sequences.

Only one of the sequences have effects added in for the 50 pixelnet stars, let's call that Sequence 3.
The effects work as desired, however when the sequence completes and the next sequence starts the stars stay stuck at the same color and intensity (10%) the the last sequence ended with and will stay in that state through the 3 other sequences until the Sequence 3 comes up in the rotation. There are no effect, i.e. 0% intensity in the other 3 sequences.

Shouldn't those other sequences turn those pixelnet elements 'OFF'?

I plan recheck the LSP sequences tomorrow to be absolutely sure the pixelnet coro star channels have intensites of '0'.

Offline keitha43

Re: Lynx Pixelnet Problem or what?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, »
Try making sure all channels are turned off in the sequence before the end. I purposly add a timing mark right before the end and use the "off" tool on all channels then optimize and save before exporting to lor format. The lsp scheduler seems to automatically send an "all off" command at the end of a sequence. But not when exporting. Just like you need an "off" command before you 1st timing mark or your channel may not come on.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, »
Thanks, you jogged my old brain. I forgot that within LSP that a 0 is not a 0. In the code it's self the 0 intensity actually has a value of "1" as well as the fact that RGB ramp downs do not go down to '0' either. Cleard out those and bingo bango the Stars now turn off between sequences.

BTW I am running xLights as my primary scheduler for now. I am going to retry the LSP scheduler this evening for the first hour of the show to reevaluate it's performance.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, »
xLights doesn't turn lights off between sequences; so that if someone has a "tune to" sign that they want to stay lit, it will. It is up to you to turn the lights off at the end of the sequence.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login