Author Topic: Which 4 Pin Peripheral on Cosair 650TX  (Read 939 times)

Offline Penfold

• Brownsville, TX
Which 4 Pin Peripheral on Cosair 650TX
« on: July 10, 2012, »
Hello all I have a Corsair single rail 650TX ATX power supply.  With the supply it comes with two sheathed wires that have 4 peripheral ports each.  My question is do I use both sheathed wires on the power inputs on the hubs, or do I just use one of the sheathed wires and plug in three of the four peripheral connections?  Since one sheathed wire has four connectors does it matter which connector I decide to use? 

Also, I noticed that these peripheral connections have a bowed out piece of plastic on the connector and it causes tension between the three hub connectors.  Is there an easy way of hooking up all of these or is it just brute force?

I am probably way over analyzing this, so I apologize if these questions come off sounding too newbish, so please bear with me. 

Mike
♪Chicken go cluck, cluck
Cow go moo
Piggy go *snort* *snort*
how bout you?  ♪

Offline urthegman

Re: Which 4 Pin Peripheral on Cosair 650TX
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, »
You need to attach the large 24 pin connector AND either of the sheathed 4 port wires to each of 3 4-pin connectors. I like to hook up the first three (it satisfies my OCD,lol). The bowed out plastic is pretty flexible so I just bend them back as I connect them. Hope that helps. George

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, »
I usually pick my 4 pin connectors from different strings hoping that will even out the load internally, but I am not electrically knowledgeable  enough to know if this is a pipe dream on my part or might be true.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, »
on, the 4 pin connectors - you want to use a many of those as possible so the load is spread out across each set of wires - not multi connectors from same wire, but 1 connector from each set of wires if possible.  Mine had two, so i used 2 from on set of wires, and 1 from the 2nd set of wires, along with the 24pin main connector.

Hope this helps...

Myk

Offline Penfold

• Brownsville, TX
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, »
Thanks for the quick replies.  I really appreciate it.  I will follow the advice posted here and get one from each of the two sheaths and then I will just use an extra of the 4 ports.  I will probably tackle the peripherals first as I was having a bit of trouble with them last night just for mock up purposes. 

Thank you all for your advice!
♪Chicken go cluck, cluck
Cow go moo
Piggy go *snort* *snort*
how bout you?  ♪