Author Topic: A question and a couple of issues  (Read 3677 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: A question and a couple of issues
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, »
jnealand,

It aint pretty, but it does (for the most part) print out the effects.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  To use, you must first log in and then go this URL. 

It does not work completely with Smart Strings (doesn't give you the strands yet - but will soon).
The Cancel button really doesn't do anything and should be removed.

You have to have javascript enabled on your browser as this uses javascripting to do the selection of the effects.

Let me know if this in keeping with what you were looking for.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, »
i tried this on the online version and get a 404 server error.  I download a new zip today and tried it on the local host and also get a 404 error.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, »
i just released export.php to meighan.net.

Kurt and i jointly put code into the zip file for local installs, i am the person who does releases to meighan.net

sorry i was late, i was in class all day.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kurt and i jointly put code into the zip file for local installs, i am the person who does releases to meighan.net

thanks

Sean,

Can you check and see if the javascript file OptionTransfer.js file was copied to nutcracker/js/ please (I don't think it made it to meighan.net)

Thanks!

Kurt
------

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, »

thanks

Sean,

Can you check and see if the javascript file OptionTransfer.js file was copied to nutcracker/js/ please (I don't think it made it to meighan.net)

Thanks!

Kurt

yeah, i missed copying it.

it is there now
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, »
Just tried the online version.  My comments below are written to help anyone else who wants to try this.

I opened a new tab in Chrome and went to

Selected the double >> for all, clicked export effects, highlighted the table, copied it using ctrl+C, pasted it into excel.  It looks good.  In fact scanning the report highlights a number of effects I need to delete from my library so there was a secondary benefit to this.  Seeing effects with similar names right next to each other made me realize some variations of the same effect should be deleted just to clean my library up.  Especially the many gif variations I tried, but also the similar spirals that really are not enough different to keep.

It is very useful as is. 

One bug is that the selection window has multiple lines written on top of each other and is unusable, but since I wanted all of them and the >> did that, this was not a stopper for me.

Long term I would like to be able to export by selecting a class rather than an effect name.

For anyone else trying this - it is better to highlight the table and do the copy rather than using select all (ctrl+A) as when you paste into excel you get about 14 rows of junk at the top due to the screen headers and you get the selection window at the bottom which I could not figure out how to delete from excel.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, »
In using the report I note that their are two columns Name and effect_name.  In most cases they are identical except for case.  effect_name is always uppercase, but name can be mixed case.  The effect_name would be useless except that I notice in the case of bars class effects the name are not necessarily the same.  Wonder, why the discrepancy?
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, »
jnealand,

This is just an implementation detail.  Warning!! I am about to go technical, so if you are not technically inclined, I may lose you for a minute!  The table structure of effects is as follows (with one exception for single strand which I will discuss as well) :   there is a header table that has basic information about the effect (effect_name, username, effect id, etc.) and there is a detail table that has the individual elements (variables) that are set for that effect.  When you type in the effect name, it sets effect name as you type it for a variable named "Name" in the detail table and sets an upper-case version of the same name for effect_name in the header table.  As far as the database is concerned, these are two separate things (even though we know they are not). 

Just to finish the technical portion of this post, the exception is with single strand which uses the two structures (header and detail) -- as discussed above -- but adds another table called segments into the mix.  This holds the details of each segment (color, direction, pixel count, etc.) and is specific to single strand effects.

The short answer to your question is that name is from effects detail and effect_name is from effect header (or it may be the other way around, frankly, I have already forgotten which is which) and the reason for the difference between the two.

Not sure about the multiple line thing.  Is this because you have effect names that are really long?  I will check this logging in as you.  Should be a simple fix (like making the window larger, for example).

Kurt
------