Author Topic: Can do everything with Etherdongle EXCEPT use smart string utility?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline lorajoslyn

Well, I have an Etherdongle, and a DMX dongle. 

Previously programmed SSC, and verified it functions as expected in LSP using DMX dongle.  Did use the new SS utility exe.  Everything works fine.

I built the etherdongle, and tested it to make sure it functions as expected.  Hooked it up to LSP, and was able to get the pre-programmed SSC to work, as well as verified DMX output functions.  So great! 

Next, I started trying to program another SSC, but now using the etherdongle instead of the DMX dongle.  No flashing lights to show it was programmed.  So, I stopped, and tried to re-flash the original SSC which had been successfully programmed earlier.  No luck. 

I'm not sure what to check with this type of situation.  Any thoughts to why everything else would seem to work except this?  Anyone else experiencing this?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, by lorajoslyn »

Offline urthegman

Let's eliminate the obvious, did you check the box for the etherdongle in the SSC utility?

Offline keitha43

And change the jumper?
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline mitch09

I have the exact same issue. SSC programmed with lynx dongle works as expected through ED. SSC programmed through ED flashes but doesn't function in LSP.