Author Topic: anyone try to drive LOR hardware from the conductor yet?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
I'm wondering if anyone has tried LOR yet.  does it merit a writeup, or is it straight-forward and nothing really special to get going?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline einstein2883

• Beta Tester
Re: anyone try to drive LOR hardware from the conductor yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, »
I did my Halloween show with LOR controllers.  I only had an EtherDongle at the time, but it should still work with the Conductor.  Until the DMX firmware is release you will need an active hub to convert pixelnet to DMX.  You also will need to make an adapter to change the wire pair that the DMX goes on. LOR controllers do not read DMX data off the same pins that the Lynx controls do.  Here is a link for the adapter you need to make.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, »
cool. thx
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, »
I broke out a DMX universe from the Smart String Active Hub and attached D-Light AC16 controllers (converted to DMX) to it.

I tried the Conductor with them last night and it works great.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, »
I am running LOR controllers in DMX mode with no issues so far, but I do not have my complete set up running yet.