Author Topic: Starting Schedule  (Read 2516 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Starting Schedule
« on: November 08, 2012, »
Is there a way to get the scheduled show to run if you insert your CF card after the scheduled start time has past? Hitting the play for me just runs the show 1 time through.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Starting Schedule
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, »
Sorry no it won't. The conductor won't start a show from anywhere but the beginning of its scheduled time.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, »
That's what I was finding. Maybe next release, but this Conductor is fricking AWESOME!!!!!  <res.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, »
This will always be the case.

This was thought long and hard about and the issue comes down to, If you start a show on other than the beginning then there is no way to know if I am going to run into the next show.

This is not a invite to disagree with me, let me say before it starts, this is the way it works and will continue to work.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline pokey

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, »

Understand the motivation for wanting to avoid conflicts with the schedule, but for testing, it sure would be great for the conductor to play a default show.  I seem to recall in a video -- RJ plugged the conductor in and it magically just started playing a show...that would be great while I'm bashing stuff together.

If it can't happen, so be it, but would be nice for the testing/planning/setup stages.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, »
I think you may be remembering him unplugging a slave until it timed out and plugging it back in to sync it up with the conductor.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline einstein2883

• Beta Tester
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, »
So just to be clear.  If my show runs from 6-10pm and at 8pm I stop the show to update a sequence.  I have no way of making the conductor restart the show and have it continue till 10pm?  If this is how it works that’s fine, I just want to know so I don’t stop it when I shouldn’t. Thanks RJ for your hard work.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, »
So just to be clear.  If my show runs from 6-10pm and at 8pm I stop the show to update a sequence.  I have no way of making the conductor restart the show and have it continue till 10pm?  If this is how it works that’s fine, I just want to know so I don’t stop it when I shouldn’t. Thanks RJ for your hard work.

You could manually start the show from the control panel and then manually stop it at 10 PM.  Short of creating a new schedule to start a few minutes after updating your sequence and then scheduling it to run until 10 PM, that's it.

Denny

dandyman

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, »
Also, another thing to consider is that if you lose power to the EtD+Conductor during the time that the show is running, the show will not re-start when the power is restored... just something to consider if you plan on powering from the same source as your lights (during snowmelt/rain, sometimes one or more of my GFCIs may trip)...

Dan

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, »
Also, another thing to consider is that if you lose power to the EtD+Conductor during the time that the show is running, the show will not re-start when the power is restored... just something to consider if you plan on powering from the same source as your lights (during snowmelt/rain, sometimes one or more of my GFCIs may trip)...

Dan

I guess if you experience power problems then a small UPS battery back up might be a good idea for the EDC only.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, »

You could manually start the show from the control panel and then manually stop it at 10 PM.  Short of creating a new schedule to start a few minutes after updating your sequence and then scheduling it to run until 10 PM, that's it.

Denny

I think when you manually start it it only runs one time through. So you have to continue clicking the start button.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, »
I think when you manually start it it only runs one time through. So you have to continue clicking the start button.

That is correct.