Author Topic: Is it to early  (Read 3518 times)

Offline dudehenry3

Is it to early
« on: November 09, 2012, »
I have my display up and running.Couple of smart a** remarks from neighbors. This is the first year for me so im happy.  only two lynx express
"Where ever you are going... Never take an Idiot with you, as you can always find one when you get there’’

Offline keitha43

Re: Is it to early
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, »
I always wait until thanksgiving evening.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
Is it to early
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, »
Good for you.  Is two enough?  Lol!
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, »
Probably your HOA board members saying stuff.

I'm going to put mine up for Halloween and hope that no one notices them the whole month of November doing nothing.

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, »
I always shoot for the weekend of thanksgiving. As far as commment they are just jelous that you have spent alot of time working on your display. congrats to your first year with animated lights, you should be proud  :) :) :)

sjb

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, »
This will be my first year with animated lights for Christmas. But even with static lights, we never turned them on until the weekend after Remembrance day ( Nov. 11). I hope to have it ready this year with probably 3 songs for the rest of November and then hopefully adding 2 more in December.

Steve

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, »
this will be my first year for animation. i have started putting my stuff out but i will not turn mine on until the day after thanksgiving. of course i will be testing and stuff like that but full show will not run until the day after thanksgiving

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, »
I checked on my town's community light up night. This year it's Dec 7. I'm aiming to go live then.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, »
I hate to be negative but it's WAY to early and really takes the magic out of the season.  I know that it's easy to get excited about the new display but if you start it too soon, what should be really cool and a positive can quickly turn into a not so cool negative.  I would shut it down and tell your neighbors that you were just testing it before the season starts and since this is your first attempt at this type of display, you needed to let it run for a few days to make sure that it will work dependably for the season.  Now that you see how it looks, you might want to add an additional song or two if you have the time to suprise those neighbors when the season actually begins.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, »
Yep.  Too early.  Here, the day after Thanksgiving is generally accepted ok for lights on.  Hope I can pull it off, got lots to do. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, »
I agree, it's a bit too early. I'd wait until after Thanks Giving to turn them on (but I don't do a Christmas display)

I do, do a Halloween display and that went live on Oct 1st, but to keep the neighbors sweet I invited then to a pre-view test run on Saturday Sep 29th.
I emailed all the folks on my street, explained what I was planning, what to do if they had an issue with cars, noise etc and if anyone wanted to see how it worked to drop by my House.

We had about 20 Neighbors come out to watch, and had a few beers together. Was a good experience.

On Halloween night many neighbours came out to hand out candy and enjoy the lights and many commented that they liked my display, so it's good to keep them happy.

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, »
This is my first year also. A lady stopped while i was putting my display up and said Ty to my wife for the display.  Stuff like that makes it worth it.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, »
+ 1 for too early.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, »
it's your light show, put it up when you want it up!  hehe
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, »
That really is bad advice Chris and you are not doing him any favors.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving