Author Topic: Is it to early  (Read 3517 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Is it to early
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, »
it's not bad advice. He built the setup, he should be able to run it whenever he feels like it. Some people have Halloween shows, some have 4th of july. i have a neighbor that has lights out year around. Who cares when he puts up his show. I hear from a lot of people that they put it up during Halloween, then take it down in January. We can tell him what we think would be a good idea. But ultimately it's his decision.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, »
Obviously, his neighbors do or he wouldn't be gatting the wise a$$ed comments that he siad he was getting.  When people put up or tear dow their displays means nothing.  It's when they start and end them that matters.  He has the right to do what he wants but he asked a question and got a valid answer that I suspect he kinda already knew. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, »
This is my first year and I started my set up three weeks ago. I plan on finishing the set up this weekend but I have tested different elements of the display just to make sure everything is working. Some neighbors have stopped to watch the testing and are excited to see the whole show. I intend to fire it up the Friday after Thanksgiving.

Offline dudehenry3

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, »
I thank every one for there opinion . As i see it i live on a dead end street. Im an Adult own my own house and if the people on my street don't like it they can move . Not to mention at the end of the street and that is that .everyone else i talked to likes it i try to add one new thing a week this week end was the arches woo hoo it looks good. Thank you all for your in put.
"Where ever you are going... Never take an Idiot with you, as you can always find one when you get there’’

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, »
@dudehenry... nice dog!

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline sielbear

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, »
I'm late to the party on this conversation, but i wanted to chime in. I do either thanksgiving night or Black Friday. It's a neighbor respect thing for me. What I could have done the first year is different now that I'm in year 5. Don't get me wrong, the neighbors love the display - TONS of people commented / stopped by to say hello during setup.

You likely have more leeway before the holidays than after as well as the novelty factor. I would encourage you to keep all neighbors happy (within reason). It's really nice to have the respect and support of neighbors if you're in this for the long run. If they turn against you, it's really, really tough to get them back on your team. (We made cookies for our 8 closest neighbors last year as a good-will gesture.)

You are correct in stating its your home / display, however, there are several instances where neighbors got fed up and took the homeowner to court. That costs big bucks. The shocking thing- the neighbors won. The display was a "public nuisance".

Obviously your choices to make, and certainly do what makes you smile. I would urge caution if you are hearing comments from neighbors. Remember, you only get to hear comments from those bold enough to say something in front of you. What do they say when you aren't a part of the conversation?

Offline dudehenry3

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, »
I like the fact that every one has an opinion and we all know the rest of the story. LOL I am not in any way saying anything about any one in DIY . Every one here has been helpful . I do not have a hoa .  :)
"Where ever you are going... Never take an Idiot with you, as you can always find one when you get there’’

Offline barbotte

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, »
well let me put my 2 cent ... i do my show for myself and my kids and every other kids in my area  ..not the neighborhood or grown up ( except for very old people)... i turn my show on 14 Nov this year because my son was tire of seeing people stopping by to see if the show was on and I never do before remember day for respect ( except for testing )... but right after .. show is on ... same goes for Halloween i turn my show on at least  2 week prior because i spend all year working on them and it's never too early to turn them on... at least when they are on i can finally relax .. go to see my kids play hockey or go outside and give hot coco to people stopping by... if i wait to long then i am stuck with freezing temperature.. freezing rain ... snow ... so that way i can actually enjoy it and so are everyone around ,,,,,
cheer

Offline dudehenry3

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, »
Thank you barbotte. I am  the one to keep my mouth closed and try to keep every one happy  <md.. not any more

Blink blink Happy Turkey Day to all