Author Topic: Color Kinetics iColor Flex + Vixen?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline saladman

Color Kinetics iColor Flex + Vixen?
« on: November 09, 2012, »
Hi There,

Does anybody have an experience getting control of a Color Kinetics iColor SLX string of nodes through Vixen?  I bought the DMX power supply, and when I feed it random DMX, i can indeed get random light flashes, so I know we're communicating.  I cannot for the life of me though, figure out what sort of channel assignments and data stream it's looking for.  I can get blue out of the first light, and that's about it.

Any hints or tips would be awesome!  Thanks.

saladman

Offline tbone321

Re: Color Kinetics iColor Flex + Vixen?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, »
You might have better luck getting answers to this on Planet Christmas.  While there are many people in here more than willing to help, this appears to be a commercial device and I personally never heard of it.  instead of sending random DMX to it, perhaps you need to send it commands one channel at a time and see what it responds to.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline caretaker

Re: Color Kinetics iColor Flex + Vixen?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, »
The Color Kinetics iColor series requires an adapter that connects between the node string and the DMX source to provide power and the correct data to the string (like the Pixelnet active hub)beyond that it seem they require software from Philips to program/set up the nodes.  You are going to need to do some research on these to see if it is even possible to run them off of Vixen, remember Google is your friend!
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login