Author Topic: Manual Questions  (Read 1077 times)

Offline deplanche

Manual Questions
« on: November 09, 2012, »
A few questions on the assembly manuals

For both the conductor/slave manuals, in the first few steps there is a box square on the CF card adapter.  This isn't there are the end, so i assume it is not needed.  Is that correct?

For the slave, without the MP3 board, there is no purpose to installing the audio jack, correct?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Manual Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, »
The picture of the tab came from a beta unit. It is not present in the production units and the beta testers had to remove the table since its not needed.

If you got an extra audio jack then it was by error. There is noting to drive a signal out of it (sound)

Just ignore it.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline deplanche

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, »
I received both the audio jack and the tab so I have all sorts of extra parts, which always makes me nervous.

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, »
Just for clarification.  All Slaves and Conductors came with audio jacks.  When I got the BOM for the Slave I was told all the same parts as the conductor except for the items I got from Sparkfun.  So if they are not needed then you have a spare.  As far as the black tabs.  Most of these fell off in transit to me, I would say about 90%.  I didnt bother removing the ones that stayed on because I didnt want to mess with the pins and perhaps bend them and it looked like good protection, so I left the ones that stayed on.
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, »
Their only purpose is to allow the pick and place equipment to have a place on the CG to to pick the part up by.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying