Author Topic: Data lights on, but no output  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Tigman009

Data lights on, but no output
« on: November 11, 2012, »
I have used this exact same setup three years running and have had no problems.  Same show computer too.  I have all 10 LE's hooked up in the garage and all of the data lights are on but when I play the sequence nothing happens.  I had to format the hard drive on the computer about 6 years ago and have reinstalled the CDM 2.04.16 driver.  Am I forgetting something.  running XP

Offline Tigman009

Re: Data lights on, but no output
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, »
guess I should also say that I am using Light show pro v1.8

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, »
Did you enable output and or configure your dongle?

Sorry I don't have more to give, I don't use LSP

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, »
Make sure your dongle is set up correctly in LSP IE: correct COM Port, baud rate = 115200, 8,N,1  If your using the sequencer, make sure the output is turned on (the plug is lit). If that all checks out then check out your cat5 cable from your dongle to your first Express.  You might want to download RJ DMX deck to check things out and make sure you are getting a signal to the Expresses You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jeff Squires

Offline Tigman009

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, »
After many hours I have gotten the lights to come on.  for some reason they will not play when I am using Light show pro.  But when I run the show through the scheduler it works just fine.  That was a close one.  Thanks to all that gave me some advise.  Hope that helps someone in the future

Offline caretaker

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, »
You have to make sure the OUPUT is on in the LSP sequencer to output to the lights. (click on the little plug in the top line so it is orange)
Jeff Squires

Offline Tigman009

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, »
I did select the output icon.  then selected com 4 and pressed play.  No lights...but the scheduler still works