Author Topic: Etherdongle output question  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Etherdongle output question
« on: November 11, 2012, »
Have built an EtD and flashed the PIC.  As far as I can tell it is working properly however I am getting no output to my LE.  I am using Light Show Pro V2.5.  Do I need additional hardware? Hub??  I'm not sure what to do next.

Offline cavu2u

Re: Etherdongle output question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, »
In LSP have you configured your controllers to output E 1.31?

Secondly, once you get the E 1.31 set, you have to go to "Configure Controller Output Plugin." In that process you select "Multicast (Lynx Express ...)" It will set up a bunch of channels and universes for you to use.

From there you should be golden to output to the LEs.

My assumption is that you have flashed the EtD with DMX - if it is flashed for Pixelnet, you have to go through an SS Active Hub and set the controllers(LEs) up differently.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, »
In LSP have you configured your controllers to output E 1.31?   Yes using "Configure Outputs"

Secondly, once you get the E 1.31 set, you have to go to "Configure Controller Output Plugin." In that process you select "Multicast (Lynx Express ...)" It will set up a bunch of channels and universes for you to use.    I went to "Configure Controller Output Plugin" but not sure if I did everything properly

From there you should be golden to output to the LEs.     Still no output

My assumption is that you have flashed the EtD with DMX - if it is flashed for Pixelnet, you have to go through an SS Active Hub and set the controllers(LEs) up differently.    Yes, I did flash with the DMX firmware.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, »
GOT IT!!!  I went back through the configuration and realized what I had done wrong.  I am now getting DMX to my first LE.  Will check and be sure it is outputing to the other 2.  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!   :)

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, »
Now outputting to all 3 of my LE's.  Thanks so much to everyone who helped me through this process.  Now I can't wait to get my hands on a Conductor PCB for next year...

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Etherdongle output question
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, »
What was wrong ?
Sebastian from California