Author Topic: LSP v2.5 to X lights?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

LSP v2.5 to X lights?
« on: November 11, 2012, »
This was touched on in an earlier post but I'm not sure what the final answer was: 

I am using LSP v2.5.  As reported earlier there is a conflict between v2.5 and the DMX Dongle.  I built an Etherdongle and resolved that issue.  I can now output DMX to my LE's.  The new problem that has surfaced is I am having trouble running the LSP scheduler.  Will X lights run sequences from LSP v2.5?  If so do I need to use my DMX dongle or the Etherdongle or does it matter?

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: LSP v2.5 to X lights?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, »
You can use the Etherdongle but you need to convert the sequences to xlights format.  Check the tool I created for this:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There is a known bug that I have not published a fix for just yet if you use a fade up with an RGB color.  I will post that fix in the next day or so.

Frank

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, »
Thank you.  Does it matter which Dongle I use?  I am outputing DMX so I assume the know issue will not be a problem??

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, »
I have heard the latest build of v2.5 released around Halloween fixed the lynx dongle flashed with dmx problem.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline cavu2u

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, »
I am using LSP 2.5(the latest build) ... in an effort to avoid the LSP Scheduler, I am using xLights for my playback/scheduling.

xLights Build C has a tool to convert LSP files to xLights files. I have done this and have my xseq files, but on playback, they stall and I think it is "looking" for my music file. If I put an mp3 voiceover between songs, it is able to play those fine ... just not the converted LSP sequences. I have looked in the xseq files and see near the end a line "pointing" to the correct song for the sequence(it contains the correct path).

Any help is appreciated ...

In the meantime, I am using xLights Build B to play LOR files exported from LSP. It has its own quirks, like channels sometimes don't come on, but for the most part ... acceptable.

I have tried the Light Elf converter with similar issues.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, »
I am using LSP 2.5(the latest build) ... in an effort to avoid the LSP Scheduler, I am using xLights for my playback/scheduling.

xLights Build C has a tool to convert LSP files to xLights files. I have done this and have my xseq files, but on playback, they stall and I think it is "looking" for my music file. If I put an mp3 voiceover between songs, it is able to play those fine ... just not the converted LSP sequences. I have looked in the xseq files and see near the end a line "pointing" to the correct song for the sequence(it contains the correct path).

In the meantime, I am using xLights Build B to play LOR files exported from LSP. It has its own quirks, like channels sometimes don't come on, but for the most part ... acceptable.

In 2012c, you are exporting from LSP to Lynx Conductor format, then using xLights to convert the Conductor file to xLights format? And the xLights file seems to run, but doesn't turn on any lights? Is the "Output to Lights" checkbox checked? Just want to make sure I understand the steps you are taking...

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, »

The path of the source file is not important in the xseq file.  xLights must have the music files in the xlights directory or it will not be able to play them.

Frank