Author Topic: setting up program for scheduler not working?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
setting up program for scheduler not working?
« on: November 12, 2012, »
trying to set up a program for the scheduler on vixen. i have 5 songs set up in a program. when i hit the play button in the program, it plays the first song just fine but as the song comes to an end, it kicks up the "com port 2 denied"  why would it play the first song if there was a problem with the plugin set up? i have used several options. i set up the plug in set up for the program, didn't work. i selected to use the plugin info for each sequence, didn't work. and i tried the use profile option and none of them work after the first song. when i go into each individual sequence and play them threw the preview everything works. i do have the conductor in route but have not received it yet. i want to know that i can run my show threw the usb dongle if i don't get everything figured out with the ED and conductor in time.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline deplanche

Re: setting up program for scheduler not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, »
Set your cross fade to 0 or you will have problems like this.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, »
a few years back I got tired of Vixen's com port error. When xLights came out I used that for scheduling and I have never looked back. I still use vixen to create the show but been using xLights to run the show. Of course I am using the conductor this year to run my show.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, »
When you create your show be sure to select use a profile and then go thru the plugin setup.  Vixen scheduler works just fine for me, but some folks have trouble with it.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Set your cross fade to 0 or you will have problems like this.

that was it thank you. it seems to be working fine now.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights