Author Topic: EtherDongle, Conductor, and Slave.. What are their differences?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline NewfieGuy

Hi,

I am planning on getting an Ethernet Dongle, Express and going wireless, but was curious what are the conductors/slaves?  I see their listed under EtherDongle in the forum but I am unable to find a reference to them in the wiki and didn't see any forum posts explaining their purpose.

Thanks,
Shannon :-)

sjb

The Conductor is a new daughter board for the Etherdongle, that RJ designed to replace the show computer. You still use the computer to create the sequences, but then you put the sequence onto the CF card for the conductor and run the show from this. I believe the slave is for extra channels.

An awesome idea, but with this being my first year and this being brand new piece of hardware. I thought It is challenging enough with the express & dongles so I will wait for next year to try and understand and build one of these.

Steve

Offline caretaker

Shannon, 
     The Conductor is a daughter board that plugs onto the EtherDongle and allows you to run your show from the EtherDongle without a computer. The slave is "slaved" to the conductor.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Conductor Tutorial
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login EtherDongle with Conductor
there will be more info in the WIKI coming soon.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
The conductor is a add on board the the etherDongle. With the conductor you load your show(s) and schedule on to the compact flash card and then the conductor and the etherDongle run you whole show without the need for a computer. The slave is the same board as the conductor minus the mp3 board and real time clock. When you load the firmware for the slave it gets its timing marks from the conductor to keep the show in sync. Allowing large number of channels either in your yard and or neighbors yard.

Hope that is clearer then mud

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline NewfieGuy

Thanks Rick and Caretaker!  That helps a lot.

While waiting for a response I did find this video... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I love the Conductor/Slave design! This would be perfect for a few stand alone projects I have in mind.

Shannon

Offline NewfieGuy

and Steve! :-)  Thanks.