Author Topic: xLights & Lor 3  (Read 2465 times)

Offline mmais68569

xLights & Lor 3
« on: November 12, 2012, »
I ran my show last year with no problem using xlights & LOR2 but this year with LOR3 nothing. Here is what I have first I used xLights in the test mode & it cycled through all my lights I have hooked up today. This tells me that my wireless network Lynx TX/RX is working. (correct?)
1. All my channels in LOR are set as DMX
2.I went to my Device manager & verified that my Lynx Dongle was working & verified it was on Comm port 5
3Xlights opened & whet to Network Setup
4. Clicked DMX Pro/Lynx tab
5. enterd Comm 5 & last channel 512 (I am only running 1 Unv.)
6. Clicked OK & saved.
7. Went to scheduler & created schedule of show sequences & saved
8. Set run times & Saved
9. Restarted computer & selected the  run schedule
10 Everything started but NO lights came on
What am I doing wrong.

Last year I ran the channels as contrllers & not DMX could this be the problem. Running today 1 LOR 16 ch 3 27 Ch DMX controllers from Ray.

Thanks Mi

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: xLights & Lor 3
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, »
Would you mind posting your LOR sequence? I would like to see what is in that file and run it through the conversion process to see what might be going wrong.

Frank

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, »
xLights will not process a file with DMX networks configured for channels (my personal experience).
It assumes everything is LOR Regular and Aux networks.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, »
Are you using Xlights 2012b?

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, »
I think I am using 2012b how can I tell. Also just saw 3 different lms files for each song. Thet are lms.bak, lms.lcs, & lms.lsv. Which one is correct I may have used the wrong file extension.

Mike

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, »
The site will not let me upload a sequence

mike

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, »
The correct file ends is just "LMS"
The others are for backup purposes for LOR and are not needed.

You can ZIP it and attach it then.

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, hex, asm, xls, wmv, mp3, mp4, flv, dll, vix, apk, pro

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, »
I am running xLights with LOR S3 and I had everything working perfect with my Halloween show. I set up my controllers in LOR as regular LOR controllers instead of a DMX universe. And then in xLights I set up my Comm port and set the last channel and everything worked like it was supposed too. Maybe you could try changing your channel configuration from a DMX universe to regular LOR controllers and try running it through xLights with that.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, »
In 2012b Matt mad a change that allowed xLights to handle the DMX controller type in LOR properly.  The issue was that when using LOR the network number is 1 greater than what was normally used with LOR controller types.  in 2012b the issue appears to be handled.  I do think that switching all the cahnnels to LOR controller would possibly work but I want to make sure we understand why your scenario is not working so that we can solve it for the general case.

More and more people will run into challenges and I want to make sure that we can give solid guidance on what works with a minimum of hassle.

Frank

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, »
Correction... after exchanging some messages with Matt it turns out that the DMX LOR conversion was not included in xLights 2012b.  Matt is working to release an update very soon that addresses this. 

Frank

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, »
I have changed one sequence back to LOR controllers & channels will see about 6PM if it works. I did a test earlier today on 1-16 ch controller & appears to be working.

Mike