Author Topic: Single strand issue/error  (Read 1477 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Single strand issue/error
« on: November 12, 2012, »
It's like I am the needy child all of a sudden.  I am working on my arches and for this model & effect:

single_strand Effect Settings
username   lonewolf41
user_target   ARCH50
effect_class   single_strand
effect_name   ARCH_RUN
frame_delay   50
direction   right
speed   1
seq_duration   2
fade_in   0
fade_out   0
OBJECT_NAME   single_strand
batch   0
fade_3d   N
window_degrees   360
show_frame   N
submit   Submit Form to create your effects

I get this error:

"/users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/275/ARCH50~ARCH_RUN.gp", line 36: warning: Axis range undefined due to improper data values. NaN? Inf? splot '../effects/workspaces/275/ARCH50~ARCH_RUN_d_1.dat' using 4:5:6:7 with points lc rgb variable pointtype 7 pointsize 0.6 notitle ^ "/users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/275/ARCH50~ARCH_RUN.gp", line 36: All points x value undefined

and it does not generate a GIF or any data that I can use.  I have included a screen shot as an attachment as well.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?  My ID is 275 and it behaves the same on my machine and your site.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Single strand issue/error
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's like I am the needy child all of a sudden.  I am working on my arches and for this model & effect:

single_strand Effect Settings
username   lonewolf41
user_target   ARCH50
effect_class   single_strand
effect_name   ARCH_RUN
frame_delay   50
direction   right
speed   1
seq_duration   2
fade_in   0
fade_out   0
OBJECT_NAME   single_strand
batch   0
fade_3d   N
window_degrees   360
show_frame   N
submit   Submit Form to create your effects

I get this error:

"/users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/275/ARCH50~ARCH_RUN.gp", line 36: warning: Axis range undefined due to improper data values. NaN? Inf? splot '../effects/workspaces/275/ARCH50~ARCH_RUN_d_1.dat' using 4:5:6:7 with points lc rgb variable pointtype 7 pointsize 0.6 notitle ^ "/users/meighan.net/htdocs/nutcracker/effects/workspaces/275/ARCH50~ARCH_RUN.gp", line 36: All points x value undefined

and it does not generate a GIF or any data that I can use.  I have included a screen shot as an attachment as well.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?  My ID is 275 and it behaves the same on my machine and your site.

Thanks,
-Keith

I pulled up your target Model ARCH50, it was not complete. Remember you have to click the submit button twice to finish generating the model.

I clicked twice and then generated your effect

here is what it looks like now

sorry for any confusion

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, »
DANG!!!!!!!   <fp.

Thanks!!

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, »
OK, I changed the same effect to do different colors and make it 8.1 seconds long now that I have my model set.  When I have this effect set to right, it looks great for about 4 seconds and then the purple nodes go from 5 down to 1 or 2 in the middle of the sequence (see attached picture).  However......if I change the direction to left (and change nothing else), then the sequence runs fine for the entire 8.1 seconds.  5 purple and 5 blue nodes for the entire 8.1 seconds. 

Sorry to be a bother, but I don't think I did anything wrong this time.   :-[  Can you see if you can reproduce?  This behaves the same on my machine and your site.

Thanks again,
-Keith

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK, I changed the same effect to do different colors and make it 8.1 seconds long now that I have my model set.  When I have this effect set to right, it looks great for about 4 seconds and then the purple nodes go from 5 down to 1 or 2 in the middle of the sequence (see attached picture).  However......if I change the direction to left (and change nothing else), then the sequence runs fine for the entire 8.1 seconds.  5 purple and 5 blue nodes for the entire 8.1 seconds. 

Sorry to be a bother, but I don't think I did anything wrong this time.   :-[  Can you see if you can reproduce?  This behaves the same on my machine and your site.

Thanks again,
-Keith

ill try to take a look this week. i am in all day classes learning OBIEE data analytics.  i have zero time in the day and the commute takes another hour.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, »
No problem.  I just wanted to bring it to your attention.  Actually, this one is pretty easy to get around as I just always create it moving left and if I want it to move right, I just mirror it in Vixen. 

Thanks again for your help and awesome tool,
-Keith

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, »
I see the same issue on my window effect where the image and the actual result slowly deteriate losing pixels from one color.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, »
Glad I am not the only one.  Was beginning to think that I was too stupid to use the software.   :o  Something that is interesting, is the graphics he uses in postings must be linked directly to his server because I updated the effect on his server and the graphic above in reply 1 changed to match.  Now you can actually look at it and see what is happening.  After about 2 seconds, the purple pixels go from 5 to 1.

Like I said it seems like a bug, but this one is easy for me to work around as having it move left seems to work great.  I just always generate the effect going left and if I need it to go right, I mirror the effect in Vixen.  Works great!!

Thanks,
-Keith