Author Topic: Setting Modem for Etd?  (Read 21339 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: Setting Modem for Etd?
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, »
I'm running LOR S3 3.8 on XP and have tested the ED direct and through my switched network.   I guess I was lucky because I setup the addresses in LOR and the way it went.  I can even shutdown the  listener on one machine and start it up on my laptop and the way it goes.

Everyone has internet access and I can access the internet from the machine while its running even downloaded a large file for testing.  I haven't run wire shark but so far nobody is complaining and the show is testing good now.  Luckily I have fiber to the house and no modem.

Keeping my fingers crossed I don't have any network issues.  I'm thankful for people who eat/sleep and drink this IP stuff.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
  I'm thankful for people who eat/sleep and drink this IP stuff.

Packet meals are the best

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2012, »
 <la..

Note: I would not have laughed at that 2 days ago!  ;)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2012, »
<la..

Note: I would not have laughed at that 2 days ago!  ;)

Yeah I know, timing is everything

Just glad you got it all working

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2012, »
Just glad you got it all working

Rick R.

Me too! Thanks!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2012, »
OK I hate to open this up again, BUT with the nic card set the way it is.... It does not see the Conductor now. I have been testing for well over a week with the Etd and now that I have gone to the Conductor it shows not connected in the Conductor utility. And yes I have everything set on my cf card under 8 characters. show and schedule built ect. ect. Now what?

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2012, »
How is the Conductor connected to your network?  Any differently than the Etd was?

It should be using the same address as the Etd was, so it doesn't make sense that it would not communicate.

Ron

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2012, »
All I did was move the cables from the Etd to the conductor. It must be looking for some kind of a signal that it is not getting with the second nic. If I move the input cable to my modem on nic 1 it connects instantly putting me right back to square 1 with the internet.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, »
ok...  NOW that you are on the conductor...  you don't need the 2nd nic anymore  <fp.

the conductor doesn't send or receive multicast message, just a heartbeat to the slave, and communication to the control panel software.

to do a quick test, you could now plug it into the home network to see that you can access it.
I'm assuming that it's connecting to the Etherdongle using a different method than multicast, which was the route added to your 2nd nic. all other traffic should be on the first nic (the ED control panel hould be part of this other traffic)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2012, »
Looking back at some information I think Chris is right.  When you are using the Conductor you should not be flooding your network with Multicast so you can hook it up to your normal network and you shouldn't have any internet connectivity issues.  Basically the Conductor doesn't need the multicast like the Etd did, it just sends information to your PC for the control panel and a single packet heartbeat out for the slaves to sync with.

Try it on your regular network and see if you can see it in the control panel software and your wife is happy with the internet speed.

Ron

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2012, »
Well after the intial try it ran one song in my show and did not affect internet!  ;D  <res. But now I may join some others with another issue. There were 3 songs in that show and it quit after the first one.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2012, »
mp3 encoding?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2012, »
All @ 128 constant rate!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2012, »
Hey guys still having a problem here!!!! To make a long story short if I take the CF card out of the Conductor.... Yes Conductor...I will loose connection with the modem totally. By that I mean not lights at all from Cat5 input jack. If I plug mit into a different port on the back of the modem it will come to life again. This happens EVERY time. I still think that at least part of my isssue is in my network, but I don't know what the Conductors need in the network. I do have a post in the Conductor area, but I wanted to ask you here since you guys have been so helpful!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2013, »
First I am using this thread because it has all of the information for what has already been done!

Ok guys I am back to trying to get this to work the way that I think it should. I think that I need to reconfigure everything back to square 1 and start over. See Diagram.

Here is what is happening right now. 

Wired as per diagram: If I unplug the cat5 out of Nic 1 all lights and conductor work fine. As soon as I connect the Cat5 in Nic 1 I get internet back and no lights out of Etd (using Xlights and that is what I want to use). I have Nic 2 as priority network in Win 7.

Note: If I run everything through Nic 1 as soon as I run any lights (Not conductor of course) We loose all internet. Any help MORE help would be greatly appreciated!