Author Topic: Conductor problem. Keeps connecting and reconnecting to my computer.  (Read 9800 times)

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
PM sent for the files

Rick R.

I used your files but i hate to say, it is still not working.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Its still a communications problem. If the software could talk to the conductor and it was having a problem then you would see Card Error but since its Not Connected then the two are not talking

If you change the firmware back to etherdongle can you make lights blink?

If you can then we know you have communications problem and the next thing to look at is your router and or computer (firewall, anti-virus ,etc) since the conductor has to talk back to your computer.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Its still a communications problem. If the software could talk to the conductor and it was having a problem then you would see Card Error but since its Not Connected then the two are not talking

If you change the firmware back to etherdongle can you make lights blink?

If you can then we know you have communications problem and the next thing to look at is your router and or computer (firewall, anti-virus ,etc) since the conductor has to talk back to your computer.

Rick R.

Yes I can make lights blink with both etherdongles.

When I load conductor firmware and connect conductor directly to computer the network connection of the computer continuously goes up then down in a loop. I have the firewall turned off and I do not use virus protection. The conductor is resetting all the time. If it were a firewall/access problem you would think the connection would be stable at the least.  I have tried it on two computers no luck yet.

In addition I am runninga static ip on computer.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, by dpitts »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
I have both the computer and the EDC on a linksys 5 port switch that connects to my router. The computer gets it ip address from the router.

When I tried a direct cable my computer and EDC windows kept turning on and off the ethernet port.

So for me the best setup is to leave the computer on the network and just connect the EDC to one of my ethernett switches.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline JonB256

• My website
The conductor going Up and Down makes me think that the PIC (when the Conductor is mounted) is getting insufficient voltage and rebooting, then connecting, then voltage dropping again.

I'm not sure what pin(s) that Vcc is on the PIC but if you could check it with a voltmeter, see if it is fluctuating in time with your Ups and Downs.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
I do not have a switch I run the EDC directly in to the router and I have connected directly to computer too. I have set my computer to DHCP and static. Still no glory. Should I go buy a switch. Is that really needed. Again the EtherDongle code runs perfect on my setup.

Offline JonB256

• My website
Again the EtherDongle code runs perfect on my setup.

Even with the Conductor mounted?

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
The conductor going Up and Down makes me think that the PIC (when the Conductor is mounted) is getting insufficient voltage and rebooting, then connecting, then voltage dropping again.

I'm not sure what pin(s) that Vcc is on the PIC but if you could check it with a voltmeter, see if it is fluctuating in time with your Ups and Downs.

The resetting happens with both of my functional ED's when I flash them with Conductor firmware.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive

I will check.

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
The conductor should work without being connected to the computer. If you disconnect the ethernet cable, does the conductor start your show and control your lights? If not, I would say the issues is in the conductor. If it will play the show, then the issue is in your ethernet connection.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
The conductor should work without being connected to the computer. If you disconnect the ethernet cable, does the conductor start your show and control your lights? If not, I would say the issues is in the conductor. If it will play the show, then the issue is in your ethernet connection.

I am just trying to connect to EDC to try and see that the clock is good and shows are indeed scheduled. Without setting clock for the first time I would not know if it was set for correct time and date. I may be waiting a long time to see if show starts without knowing the time is correct.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive

etherDongle code works great with conductor mounted.

Offline kjam22

I am no expert since I haven't gotten mine going yet but your firewall on the pc might be a problem.  I got the same not connected signal that you are getting then turned off the windows firewall and the norton firewall and started getting the card reader error.  That is where it is stuck at this point.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
I am no expert since I haven't gotten mine going yet but your firewall on the pc might be a problem.  I got the same not connected signal that you are getting then turned off the windows firewall and the norton firewall and started getting the card reader error.  That is where it is stuck at this point.

As stated in previous post. No firewall is active and i do not hav e virus protection.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
OK. I reflashed it again and continued to dig deeper. The GUI after a few seconds states RTC error. I Wiresharked the output of Conductor and Conductor is outputting a packet from 192.168.1.155 to 255.255.255.255 from dialpad-voice1 port (well known port 2860) to port SDT(5568). This broadcast packet has some text "RTC" in there. It comes in right before GUI states RTC error. Would this stop Conductor from communicating and reset?