Author Topic: Conductor problem. Keeps connecting and reconnecting to my computer.  (Read 9788 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
When you direct connect the EDC and Computer have you tried a cross over cat5 cable?

When you connect the EDC to the router have you check if there are settings on the router blocking it? Also when connected to the router I assume that your reset your computer to connect to the router

I doubt you need to buy a switch since physical connecting to the router would be the same as connecting to a switch.

Pretty sure something is blocking communication from the EDC back to your computer.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
OK. I reflashed it again and continued to dig deeper. The GUI after a few seconds states RTC error. I Wiresharked the output of Conductor and Conductor is outputting a packet from 192.168.1.155 to 255.255.255.255 from dialpad-voice1 port (well known port 2860) to port SDT(5568). This broadcast packet has some text "RTC" in there. It comes in right before GUI states RTC error. Would this stop Conductor from communicating and reset?

The Conductor is not able to talk with the Real Time Clock (RTC). This is what it is saying. check you have the RTC module soldered well and it is the correct direction. Then make sure the battery is in corrrect.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
OK. I reflashed it again and continued to dig deeper. The GUI after a few seconds states RTC error. I Wiresharked the output of Conductor and Conductor is outputting a packet from 192.168.1.155 to 255.255.255.255 from dialpad-voice1 port (well known port 2860) to port SDT(5568). This broadcast packet has some text "RTC" in there. It comes in right before GUI states RTC error. Would this stop Conductor from communicating and reset?

The Conductor is not able to talk with the Real Time Clock (RTC). This is what it is saying. check you have the RTC module soldered well and it is the correct direction. Then make sure the battery is in corrrect.

RJ

Thanks RJ for clarification. I touched up and verified orientation and battery. Still same problem. Would RTC error stop all further data being sent out? If RTC module is bad can I leave it in there and make the unit a slave?

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
The conductor should work without being connected to the computer. If you disconnect the ethernet cable, does the conductor start your show and control your lights? If not, I would say the issues is in the conductor. If it will play the show, then the issue is in your ethernet connection.

I am just trying to connect to EDC to try and see that the clock is good and shows are indeed scheduled. Without setting clock for the first time I would not know if it was set for correct time and date. I may be waiting a long time to see if show starts without knowing the time is correct.

I forgot you need to synch the clock first. I believe it does start at some default value when you first put the battery in, but it would be much easier to be able to synch it.

dandyman

Dave...

I have a working EtD+Conductor working on my system... If you want, I can bring mine over to help eliminate the network issues... Just let me know :-)

Dan

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Dave...

I have a working EtD+Conductor working on my system... If you want, I can bring mine over to help eliminate the network issues... Just let me know :-)

Dan

That is very kind of you. I am going to turn my slave into a conductor tomorrow. I think the RTC unit is bad on my conductor. So I have purchased the parts to make slave a conductor. If i still have problems I will let you know.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Yes if anything is wrong the unit will send out the error message and restart. It will repeat with a delay between until the issue is resolved.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Thanks for all of your help yesterday.  I hope you all have a great 2012 Christmas show.

Offline cavu2u

I'm anxiously awaiting the continuation of this thread since I'm in the same boat.

Offline JonB256

• My website
dpits and cavu2u, if you get a chance, could you post a photo of your RTC as connected to the Conductor board?

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
I had my RTC mounted correctly. I mean the pins are labeled and the "Batt Side up" is also helpful. I do not think you can match the pins if it is in backwards and keep module in rectangle.

Offline snething

I believe I chased this same problem all afternoon. Using a proven Etd the Conductor would cycle and no connection to the control panel.  If I would power the conductor with no CF card the control panel would display a card error, computer time would display but no conductor time. The magic jack green and yellow leds would cycle like in the posted video.  If I would insert the CF card the control panel would read "not connected", magic jack would continue to cycle.  I then replaced the RTC, reflowed all of the solder joints on both the Etd and the conductor but no change.  Next I decided to redo the CF card.

1. Formatted the Card in my computers card slot
2. Using Windows Explorer copied my sequence to the CF card.  Copied music to the card also.
3. Started the control panel and selected the card from the drop down (bottom of control panel)
4. Clicked on password and created password
5. Clicked on Create Show, New show, added sequence and music to show and saved.
6. Clicked Create Schedule, setup everyday at 7, selected show, repeat until 10:30 and saved.
7. Ejected the card properly and put in the conductor.
8. Opened the control panel and entered password

The cycling stopped and everything worked as it was expected to.

I think if you get the card error without the card in the conductor things are working properly.  I needed to go through the proper steps to setup the CF card with the sequence, show and schedule.

Hope this helps.

Scot

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Well your problem seems different then mine because I get the "RTC Error" from Conductor. I get my new RTC module tomorrow. Although I have followed those steps many many times before.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Today I replaced the RTC module and the unit is now working fine. Thank you to all that helped me out.

dandyman

Dang... All that effort!! Glad it's working!!!

Dan