Author Topic: Conductor problem. Keeps connecting and reconnecting to my computer.  (Read 9808 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Today I replaced the RTC module and the unit is now working fine. Thank you to all that helped me out.

Good effort! Glad to hear that you have it going now.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
My conductor has been working fine but had a strange issue tonight. 

The conductor program kept disconnecting.  I would manually start a show, and then it would stop after a few seconds.  I disconnected the ED and the next time it powered up I got an RTC error message.  I have never seen any of these issues before.

The problem only occurs when connecting the mini-audio to my FM broadcaster.  If I disconnect audio, it works.  If I connect iPod headphones it works. 

I finally swapped out my audio cable I use to connect to the FM transmitter and it again works.  I have no idea why the one audio cable causes the issue. 

So, if you are having this issue, try to disconnect your audio cable.  Curious if anyone else is able to repro this too.

Offline tbone321

It sounds like you might have a short in that audio cable.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline zwiller

Can someone send me a link to Mouser for the RTC?  Mine is acting the same as in this thread.   :'(

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
Can someone send me a link to Mouser for the RTC?  Mine is acting the same as in this thread.   :'(

Denny

Offline zwiller

Thanks.  $20 ouch. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

Is there anything I can test before I try to mount this new part?

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Try removing the battery. For some reason mine only works when battery is not installed or inserted no more than half way. When I install it all the way in the battery holder the unit misbehaves.

Offline travailen

I put sockets on my boards. I can remove either PCB and replace it with out any problems.

Rick S

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Pictures travailan?
Sebastian from California

Offline zwiller

Try removing the battery. For some reason mine only works when battery is not installed or inserted no more than half way. When I install it all the way in the battery holder the unit misbehaves.

This is on your 2nd RTC?

Maybe I don't understand the build instructions but does there need to be space between RTC and the pcb?  I installed it and the chip on the rear is sitting on the pcb.   

Offline keitha43

These are the instructions for the clock module- "Space the unit so when you solder it to the PCB it is level with the PCB as it will stand up off of the PCB." Is this what you meant zwiller?

Offline zwiller

Yes, confused.  It's level with pcb, but it doesn't "stand up off the pcb".  I would have to use a spacer and maybe need longer pins too.   

Offline travailen

I put connectors between each of the two boards and the conductor board, just in case for some reason, I would need to remove one of them or move them to another board.

Rick S

Offline zwiller

Replaced the RTC and it's working!  Of course, after some drama with my firewall and disabling wifi...  Installed the same way as before. 

Great job on the write up guys, you fixed mine.   <res.