Author Topic: Another good power supply option for hubs! 630 W cont, 730 W Peak - $49  (Read 1337 times)

Offline sielbear

Says offer ends soon.  I picked up 2 of these - received today.  630 Watts, 12v single rail.  VERY quiet.  $49, normally $89.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The way I'm splitting my lights, it looks like the most I have at peak is 480 Watts on my heaviest loaded hubs.  This PSU can do 730 Watts for 60 seconds, 630 continuous. 

Better grab them fast if interested!

Also - this PSU has 343 reviews, 4 "eggs".  This isn't one of those bargain bin, 12 review, 2 egg "pieces". 

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
i think this is what i have running my mega tree
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline JonB256

• My website
Watch for how many Molex connectors they have. My latest power supply purchase met all the specs, but it only had 2 of the connectors on the left side. The rest were all SATA. I ended up cutting some SATA ends and just using the Yellow and Black wires (+12vdc) to power something else.

Offline injury

Could also use an adapter You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Could also use an adapter You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
would need to be female sata to male 4pin molex.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline injury

He said too few molex. Male side is on the board (and older IDE drives for that matter).

Offline einstein2883

• Beta Tester
My power supply only had one connector.  I found a seller on Amazon that had the adapter for $1.82 + free SH.  If it doesn't show up, it might be listed on the right side under "More Buying Choices".  I just got them in the mail yesterday and I haven't tried them yet.

Offline sielbear

This psu has 4 connectors guys. Works like a champ!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Watch for how many Molex connectors they have. My latest power supply purchase met all the specs, but it only had 2 of the connectors on the left side. The rest were all SATA. I ended up cutting some SATA ends and just using the Yellow and Black wires (+12vdc) to power something else.

This is not a good statement to make in the context of this thread since this thread is about a SPECIFIC power supply.  It implies that THIS referenced power supply does not have the connectors.  But I have two of them from a prior sale and they are fine and in fact ordered two more.  In a different context this is good info to pass along.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA