Author Topic: How is everyone testing their light output  (Read 1491 times)

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
How is everyone testing their light output
« on: November 16, 2012, »
So now that i have a funcitoning Conductor, how do i test my lights in LSP. When i click on the output icon the etherdongle/ conductor yellow light stays lit/ flashed very fast but no light output.
Sebastian from California

Offline caretaker

Re: How is everyone testing their light output
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, »
If you only have one Etherdongle you will need to flash it with the Etherdongle code till you are done testing your lights then flash it back to Conductor code to run your show. 
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, »
That what i thought. I have a dongle, but that will require me to also change all the controller configurations.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, »
why not place a test show on the conductor, and run that instead of the regular show (or maybe make it a trigger event to the test show)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That what i thought. I have a dongle, but that will require me to also change all the controller configurations.

I tested mine with LSP (both with the scheduler and the sequencer) going to the Etherdongle via Cat 5.

After the testing was completed, I just reflashed the Etherdongle to conductor, exported the sequences from LSP to conductor format then loaded it on to the Conductor and ran it frm the Conductor scheduler. What are you having to change on the controller configurations?

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, »
I woudl have to change the configurations if i used my dongle opposed to the etherdongle.
In being farily new to all this i have to constantly test what im doing to make sure im on the right track, so a test show my not be ideal at this point in time.
For example i numbered my aether wrong yesterday so i was getting white opposed to blue. Once i checked it in LSP i had to export in conductor to verify i had fixed it.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, »
If it were me I would flash the Etd for Conductor and load a show to play. Run a few shows and make sure that the lights run. Then I would reflash for etd pixelnet and do all other testing. If lights play with Etd and you already ran a few shows in conductor to make sure that it worked ok should be good to go after conversion. (Theoreticall!)

Offline sebjsan

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, »
What i will end up doing is reflash my etherdongle to pixelnet. Do all my testing and finalize my show. Once complete reflash to conductor firmware and let the lights blink :)