Author Topic: Still having Problenms with xLights & LOR  (Read 1840 times)

Offline mmais68569

Still having Problenms with xLights & LOR
« on: November 19, 2012, »
I still can not get xLights to run my LOR sequences in the DMX mode. I did a test & changed 1 LOR sequence to Channels & it worked. Here is what I have.(DMX Mode)
1 Downloaded 2012c & installed
2 Went to Network setup selected DMX Pro/ Lynx entered comm port 5 & set last channel to 512. I have checked & port 5 is the correct one for the dongle & my last channel is 300. Then saved
3 Then went to the converter & converted LOR sequence to xlights saved
4 opened the scheduler & selected xlights sequence & moved to playlist area & saved
5 setup sequence start times & dates & saved
6 Scheduler started but zero lights came on (DMX Mode)

All my channels are in 1 universe & I have checked all start addresses. I hate to change all my sequences to channels if there is a quick fix or I have just missed something.

Thanks Mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Still having Problenms with xLights & LOR
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, »
Have you used the xlights tester ... Or did you test using lor or something else?   Also, are all your lor controllers in sequential order, meaning unit 1,2,3,4,5,,etc and no gaps in unit numbers used.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mmais68569

Re: Still having Problenms with xLights & LOR
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, »
Used xlight tester to make sure my wireless was working & all channels that are plugged in at this time worked. Still working on setup so only about 50% complete. Printed my controller to make sure all my numbers are in line & no gaps.
Also printed the DMX numbers & they were all correct.

Mike

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, »
I open the exported channel .lcc file from LOR with excel and this way I can run simple formulas on the output to convert channels to controller ID's and also channel numbers on the controllers.

This helps to be able to make sure you don't have any duplicate channels and such.  Even with this its easy to mess up when you have a bunch of channels.  I'm only using LOR with all DMX but not xLights so I can't help on that part.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, »
Maybe a stupid question here, but have you made a cross over cable for the LOR controllers?

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, »
I have the crossover cable I ran all of last year using LOR & xlights with normal controller & channels numbers assigned. This year with adding RGB I thought it would be easier to setup LOR in DMX mode that is where I am having the problem.

Mike

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, »
Are you getting any messages in the conversion process? That is one of the best places to start.

Another way to debug is to make a simple sequence that only controls a couple of channels and run it to make sure your mapping works the way you expect.  xLights will work with a DMX controller in LOR by mapping universe 1 channel 1-512 to channels 1-512, universe 2 channel 1-512 to channels 513-1024.

Start there and make sure you get the channels you expect to light up. 

One thing I have noticed is that universe will let you leave it blank which ends up as universe 0 and will not be handled properly.

Frank

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, »
I switched my whole setup over to DMX this year as I swapped out all my AC LOR controllers for LE’s.  The reassign process was a chore.  Now that I have done, it would be easier but the first time learning curve is a little painful as channels 1-512 is more confusing to me than the LOR ID-channel for some reason.