Author Topic: Jerky response from Etherdongle when no activity on channels 1-512  (Read 1209 times)

Offline akonkman

I am experiencing jerky response from my Smartstrings attached to a Smartstring hub running off an Etherdongle when I don't have any activity happening on channels 1-512 (my "DMX zone").  I was able to narrow down the problem by simply using the xLights test in the latest version (2012c).  If I select some channels above 512 only, and use the "RGB Cycle Mixed Colors" test mode (where it does a gradual transition through various colors), the pixels only update about once every 1/2 second or so.  As soon as I add one more channel to the test in the 1-512 range, everything runs smooth as butter.

After looking back through the old posts, this looks like a problem with the "Version 2" firmware, and last I saw, RJ mentioned that it looked like an easy fix, but I haven't seen anything since then.  Just curious if it has been fixed and I'm just not seeing it, or if there's some other magical work-around.

If not, I'll probably just add a bunch of up-down fades on one of my unused channels in the 1-512 range within LSP, and that should do the trick.

Thanks,

Andy

Offline JonB256

• My website
I am currently running a test loop out of LOR 3.8.0 on smart strings using only Universes 6 and 7 (2561 up to 3448). I have nothing on Universe 1 at all. I'm not seeing any jerkiness. Is this limited just to xLights?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login