Author Topic: Aeon Time Set Problem  (Read 3550 times)

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
Aeon Time Set Problem
« on: November 20, 2012, »
I built my Aeon when it first came out and have loved it. It has worked great until a month or so ago. Now I am having a problem setting the time. One press of the select button and I can set the hour just fine. However, when I press the select button a second time to set the minutes, it returns to clock mode. Nothing I do seems to allow me to set the minutes. I have re-flashed the PIC and have even taken the battery out to start over. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong? BTW Happy Thanksgiving. Jim.
Jim Wright

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Aeon Time Set Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, »
i think you have to press the button super quick, or it wants to skip over to the next thing.   i had one that acted like that.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, »
There is the "30 minute after" concern mentioned once or twice.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It appears that some clocks have trouble setting the minute value unless it is after 30 minutes.
Never seen a good resolution to it.

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, »
Thanks all. I tried being slow about hitting the select button but that did not help. I did get it set. I waited until 30 minutes after the hour to set it. Now it is on time. This seems to be a problem that does not happen very often. It did not used to do this. Thanks again. Jim
Jim Wright

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, »
I think Rj was working on this at one point in time. I am not sure if there is new firmware or not though.