Author Topic: Programming SSC for channels beyond 4096  (Read 987 times)

Offline zwiller

Programming SSC for channels beyond 4096
« on: November 20, 2012, »
Just wanted a confirmation that say if I want if I need a SSC for channel 4097 I select channel 1 from the utility and switch hub to universe 2.  Thanks in advance. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

Re: Programming SSC for channels beyond 4096
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just wanted a confirmation that say if I want if I need a SSC for channel 4097 I select channel 1 from the utility and switch hub to universe 2.  Thanks in advance.

That's correct, that's what I did, program it for channel 1 and move the jumper to universe 2 and you are good to go.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, »
Thanks Pete! 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, »
This has worked good for testing with Nutcracker which currently only supports chan 1 as the start channel.  I will have my pixel tree on the second hub, but I can play with the effects as generated for my test by just keeping the hub at univ 1.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, »
Spent alot of time with this.  Works great with LSP.  I made a test sequence and keep changing channel count and addresses to make sure I was on.  The key was making the first and last pixel white to check for the right start/stop/direction. 

I think it would REAL NICE change if the utility would not allow addresses above 4096 (or even better if it did work beyond 4096)  ;D  I screwed up a few more times than I am proud of.   <fp.  Strange but it works but was off 2 rgb (6) channels.  Maybe from being on the 2nd universe?