Author Topic: wireless tx/rx hook up questions  (Read 1274 times)

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
wireless tx/rx hook up questions
« on: November 21, 2012, »
this i what i currently have connected

show pc------usb dongle---------ssr4(not terminated) ---------le v5(not terminated) ---------le v5(not terminated)---------le v5(not terminated)------------tx/rx--------wireless~40 ft----------ex/rx-----le v5(terminated)

all the le's and ssr are working correctly
except wireless

is 40 feet to much distance????????
does the le with ex/rx need to be terminated???????????
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: wireless tx/rx hook up questions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, »
40 ft is not too much.  Be sure to orient the antennas up and try to face the flat portion towards each other.  I have no problem going from my basement up to my roof and anywhere in my yard.  But cars and other thick things will reduce the signal.  My show tx is mounted on a column on my front porch and the only receiver that gives me problems was in the side yard next to the garage.  Raising the tx and rx higher than the roofs of the cars helped a lot.  A couple of years back a friend of mine did 7 houses using wireless on two sides of the street.  The major problem he found is cars driving down the street.  Solved the problem by mount the tx on a pole up high.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline deplanche

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, »
Two things to check:

Make sure the TX/RX is in transmit (TX) mode and not recieve (RX) mode.

Make sure the jumper on the last LE is removed for wireless operation.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, »
I would move the TX/RX unit to the DMX out 2 of the LE and then terminate that LE.  If you are using the tx/rx daughter card on the LE that is being transmitted to, make sure that the remove for wireless jumper is removed.  If you are using the standalone receiver, make sure that the remove for wireless is NOT removed.  As also said, make sure that the transmitter is in transmit mode and that the transmitter and receiver are both configured to use the same channel.  Also make sure that both units are using the correct firmware.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving