Author Topic: Transition Help  (Read 863 times)

Offline dgreen

Transition Help
« on: November 23, 2012, »
Hey all,
I am trying to do 2 things.
First I need to make a transition that lasts 3 seconds (time doesnt really matter).
so for one second i want it to ramp on, stay on for 1 second and then fade off.
I know this should be easy but i dont see the option to ramp inside transitions

second can i copy a transition over and over?
Thanks.

Offline urthegman

Re: Transition Help
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, »
This would be better accomplished using layers. Create a layer by right clicking in the dark grey area above the grid. Add the channels you want to use by right clicking on the channel description and select add channel to layer, select the box on the layer and you will now see only the channels in that layer. Add the effects as you usually would. You can also collapse the controller by clicking on the controller description if that makes it easier for you. George And YES you can copy paste a transition over and over, or paste multiple along the x-axis or add it to your library as a pattern.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: Transition Help
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, »
There are a couple of ways I do this.  The first way is to create a custom video and use that as the source.  Using a video editor, import the video and add a fade.  Create another video and add the fade out.  Then use these videos in LSP.  I also create videos to custom match the area I am trying to sequence.  Make sure to save using 320 x 260 and 15FPS.  When using your transition, try and match then number of frames you created.  If you don't the effect may not generate. 

The second way is to create a fade in transition.  Add a new transition, select Black as the primary, select Wipe as the mask (make sure to enable the mask) and on the 3 secondary tab select your video.  You will need a second transition for the middle and a third for the end.  This works, but you don't have a lot of control.  I prefer to create a custom video.

Once you have created a transition, you can add it to the library for reuse.