Author Topic: Errant pixel but fine with test ware.  (Read 1380 times)

Offline zwiller

Errant pixel but fine with test ware.
« on: November 23, 2012, »
I have one pixel (#14) on a flex strip mounted to frame that I really don't want to splice out.  It goes pink when programmed for a start channel but is fine with test firmware or white flashing with programming.  Tried different sscs, reflashing, restarting pic ware, restarted channel utility.  Any thoughts?   

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Errant pixel but fine with test ware.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, »
the node is flaky ?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, »
Yes but only when programmed. Strip was burnt it for hours and was fine.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, »
Just swapped it and same pixel is out on another strip.  I seem to recall this is similar to the boundary pixel issue.  It's channels 3,582-4.  Gonna try to move channels around a bit to see if this helps. 

Offline mitch09

Errant pixel but fine with test ware.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, »
I found a similar issue with boundary pixels on my smart strings when using e131 over DMX. I had to move the entire window frame to a new "universe"  in LSP

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, »
OK.  I am done for today.  Was trying to get some lights up but it's just one them days...   <fp.  Programming my ssc's was a nightmare. 

(grabs a homebrew)

Now around channels 5320 it starts getting much worse.  Larger sections out and finally around 5600 half the strand is out.  I am running etherdongle with pixelnet with LSP.  Starting to wonder if it is LSP.  Running 2.5 but one or two update behind on my work pc.  Downloading now. 

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, »
Installed latest updates for LSP and no dice...  Reflashed hub, no dice... 

In actuality I am only running about 4k pixels with 2 universes so I have some wiggle room, I am just trying to nail down what is going on.  On a positive note, I am happy I decided to test the programmed ssc's before I spent the day putting my elements up   ;D 

Wife says if nothing else get the star up running test firmware.  Our favorite new element this year.  Wood frame, fluorescent light lens, with 36 rectangular ss nodes. 

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, »
at least test your channels with xLights. See if your hardware or if its software issue

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, »
I think I figured it out!  I had the old firmware for the etd.  Updated and reflashed and all is working good so far.  That's what I get for testing all year long starting with channel 1...   8)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, by zwiller »

Offline sielbear

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, »
Sorry I didn't see this earlier - I had a similar moment of horror earlier in the year when I started testing my Etherdongle that was running the old firmware.  Upgraded and resolved the issue.  Glad it's working!

Looks just like my star! :)