Author Topic: Wireless question  (Read 1576 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Wireless question
« on: November 23, 2012, »
I have used wireless for the last three years.  After setting up my display again this year I was reminded of some issues I had with the wireless in my LE's.
Several of them respond very slowly and some times don't even display lights correctly.  I have rectified this by removing the wireless modules from the LE's and wiring them up to the other LE's that appear to have functioning wireless units.
What may cause the wireless to work some times but not all ways?  I see data lights lit when the wireless modules are in place.
Thanks.

Offline tbone321

Re: Wireless question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, »
If the receivers are not getting a good signal then this is what tends to happen.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline barbotte

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, »
i had same problem ... i moved my everywhere around the house same problem then i decide to put it into a plastic tool box ( to protect it from weather then i put that box outside almost to the roof ... problem fix.. work flawless now
cheer

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, »
That would make sense as the ones with the issue are the furthest away but ~50' from my TX box and inside a house.  Possibly locating to the second floor would help? 
Thanks.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, »
Other wireless routers new to the area?

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, »
My show is now in a different neighborhood so it is more than likely new wireless setups are in the area. 
I had this issue last year living in the middle of no where however.