Author Topic: Light Elf Version .8  (Read 8558 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Light Elf Version .8
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, »
I have installed wxpython multiple times per your instructions.  I think we could use a little more info.

What do I do with the following messages?  I am not a programmer, have never used python and this is greek to me.
I just want a program to install simply and work.  Sorry, not  meaning to sound hostile, but I am very frustrated by this.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, »
Hi Jim,

Sorry you are having issues with this.  You should not need to know anything about python to make this work it just appears that something is not quite right in your operating environment.  The setup screen you posted, is that from the wxPython install?  Those last three options from the wxPython install will not change your experience with using light elf.  They are purely python 'geek'ness and no matter what you choose you should be ok.

So right now based on what I see from your posts I think that you may have installed the win64 version of python but the win32 version of wxpython.  Do you happen to have the file name of the installer you used for python? That would help verify what you have installed.

Here is a link to the 64bit version of wxPython just in case:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I would probably recommend uninstalling the wx python you have installed before installing the one linked above but verify if you  have the 32 or 64 bit version of python first.

Sorry for the inconvenience and Happy Thanksgiving!

Frank

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, »
You are correct as the wxpython states win32 in the name.  Now I have to wait for all the Holiday company to depart before I can retry this.  Thanks for the answer.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, »
Yea, got it working and the sequence converted to xlights just fine.  I wonder why the LMS export from LSP could not be read.  But the problem is solved.  I even made a shortcut for my desktop and changed the icon to the little tree.

Thanks for building this.

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline cavu2u

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, »
Okay ... I have used Light Elf to convert LSP files into xLight files. My question is ...

The converted file drops into its own directory named with the sequence title and a file named "Sequence" with no extension, a subdirectory titled "Controllers," containing files to define controllers.

What do I do with the file named "Sequence?"

Do I rename it what I want and add the xseq extension?

What do I do with the controllers?

Offline JDM1oc

Light Elf Version .8
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, »
You don't use the working files. Once your sequence is imported, you need to click on file/export to have it create the xseq file. Threw me for a loop the other day as well.

Offline cavu2u

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, »
You don't use the working files. Once your sequence is imported, you need to click on file/export to have it create the xseq file. Threw me for a loop the other day as well.

Got it working - thanks for the heads up.

That whole, clicking on something else threw me.

Offline pwalstead

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, »
Is there a dummies version of how to get this loaded on the PC. I get " No installation of Python 2.7 found in registry. Be sure to enter pathname that places wxPython on the PYTHONPATH. Sorry not computer savy.

I had the same issue uninstall the 64 bit version of Python and install the 32 bit version. Then follow the rest of the steps.