Author Topic: SSC colors not synced in xlights rgb test pattern  (Read 1349 times)

Offline FireMedic4Christ

I am running the rgb test program in xlights and have 6 ss on one color, 2 ss on another color, and 1 more on a third color. They are v1 and v2 ssc without the modification and all of them are connected to the same 16 port active hub. I would have anticipated them all being in sync, anyone else experiencing this?

Brian

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
Re: SSC colors not synced in xlights rgb test pattern
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, »
When you programmed the SSCs, are you sure you selected the right type of nodes? 

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, »
Also check that you didn't skip any numbers when programming the start addresses. I have that issue with the xlights test, but they are fine when running an actual schedule.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline FireMedic4Christ

SSC colors not synced in xlights rgb test pattern
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Also check that you didn't skip any numbers when programming the start addresses. I have that issue with the xlights test, but they are fine when running an actual schedule.

This may be part of the issue. One of the strings that is off sync would not accept 1706 as a channel start so I skipped it and moved up one to 1707.

I am not out of xlights test mode yet, so I hope they work fine during a sequence. I should be ready to go live this weekend.

Brian

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, »
You're not running test firmware are you?

-Keith

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, »
IIRC, the test firmware accepts NO control from the outside world.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rm357

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, »
For the xlights test program, you have to have all of the strings starting on the right addresses for the colors to be the same. If not, they should change together, but the colors will be off.

123456789 = rgbrgbrgbrgb
If one string starts at 1 and another starts at 2, RGB on 1 corresponds to BRG on the second string
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, »

This may be part of the issue. One of the strings that is off sync would not accept 1706 as a channel start so I skipped it and moved up one to 1707.

I am not out of xlights test mode yet, so I hope they work fine during a sequence. I should be ready to go live this weekend.

Brian
They will work fine when programmed this way, just a hassle when using the test programs or color finder.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline FireMedic4Christ

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, »
I can't say definitively that they are start at the right channel, but I think so. I will go back and check to see if my math skills failed me.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Brian

For the xlights test program, you have to have all of the strings starting on the right addresses for the colors to be the same. If not, they should change together, but the colors will be off.

123456789 = rgbrgbrgbrgb
If one string starts at 1 and another starts at 2, RGB on 1 corresponds to BRG on the second string

Offline rm357

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, »
You don't need to change them. As long as the channels match your sequencing program, you are ok. It's just that the test programs will display the wrong colors.

If you are using the test program to run your show, that would be the only reason to reprogram the addresses.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA