Author Topic: Vexin 2.1 cannot assign audio  (Read 988 times)

Offline wbartles

Vexin 2.1 cannot assign audio
« on: November 25, 2012, »
Hello,

This is my fourth year of Using Vixen and it is a fantastic program!  However, I think I have created a situation that I cannot get out of...

I replaced all home computers this past year.  I copied all my Vixen files to storage.  Now I have Windows 7.  I re-installed the Vixen 2.1 zipped file and copied all my folders (sequence, profiles, audio, etc. to the same folder.

Vixen opens fine, the sequnces start with no errors, but I have no sound.  when I try to go into the screen to assign audio, it doesn't let me.  It continues to say "There is no audio assigned to this sequence".  Iinstalled it on an XP laptop.  Samething.  I installed it on another Win 7 desktop.  Same thing.  What am I doing wrong?  Did it have something to do with copying/pasting to a new computer?  I tried XP SP# compatibility mode, too.  No luck.  I tried to create a new sequence, but when the wizard gets to assigning audio, I get the sme proble.  There is no error it just won't take the 'assignment'.  Any help would e appreciated.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Vexin 2.1 cannot assign audio
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, »
Click on the Sequence menu item then audio then select audio device

Save then restart and try it all again (if needed)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wbartles

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, »
Thanks for the info.  That is where I have a problm.  I can open a sequence, go to sequence, go to audio and the window says There is no audio assigned to this sequence.  So I click the audio button, slect the audio (song) note! there is no change in the window - it stioll says the same "no audio assigned" message, but I save the sequene anyway.  It says "sequence saved" but I re-open the sequence and it still says, "No audio is assigned....".  Is it because I copied all the files from one computer to another?  But, I also tried to select audio while creating anew sequence - still same issue....  Anything elseI can try?  I want to get the yard "lit up"  LOL

Thanks

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, »
try creating a new sequence with the song you want and if that works then copy and paste the whole sequence into the new sequence

the other thing would be to either post you sequence or if you are comfortable with xml code to look at a COPY of the sequence and see if there is something wrong with the audio section of the file.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required