Author Topic: Questions about how to map out LOR channels for xlights  (Read 1179 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
I will start by saying that I used xlights in 2011 with great success and set up all my channels on the LOR side as 16ch LOR controllers and then just mapped out my lor network and then my pixelnet network in xlights.

This year, I'm trying to decide how,using the etherdongle changes things, if at all.  For some reason, I'm over thinking this and getting so confused on how to get my new lor config file finished.

I am aware that I probably don't have to set up things as LOR 16ch controllers anymore, but I'm a little confused over whether I still need to map,out all channels (even the unused ones) and how the best way to configure say 8192 ch in 2 pixelnet universes ... In lor and then on the xlights side.   

I'm also wondering if setting things up in LOR only might be a better option since they now support e1.31.   I know that all my 16ch lor,controllers would need to be set up for e1.31 ranges.   I p,an on running all my lor,controllers in dmx mode.   The rest of what I have is pixelnet or dmx via. Pixelnet ss hub dmx out.   I was thinking of keeping the lor controllers together so I would not have to do a lot of crossovers .... And maybe event run the lor USB dongle for the,lor,only stuff.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline FireMedic4Christ

Re: Questions about how to map out LOR channels for xlights
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, »
Bumping this one up as the advise would sure help me out too.   <pop..

Brian

Offline oj70chevy

2nd bump. could also use this info..
Thanks
Ralph