Author Topic: Building xLights Ubuntu 12.04 and CodeBlocks 10.05  (Read 1195 times)

Offline inzeos

Any tricks?

I don't see a place in Codeblocks GUI to define global variables, which is can be edited.

I can successfully build xMenu and xScheduler; however, xConverter fails to build.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, by inzeos »

Offline inzeos

Re: Building xLights Ubuntu 12.04 and CodeBlocks 10.05
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, »
Build fails with this error;

/home/xlights/xlights/version1/xConverter/xConverter.cpp||In member function âvoid xConverter::WriteXLightsFile(const wxString&)â:|
/home/xlights/xlights/version1/xConverter/xConverter.cpp|384|error: cannot convert âconst wxChar* {aka const wchar_t*}â to âconst char*â for argument â2â to
âchar* strncpy(char*, const char*, size_t)â|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|

Offline inzeos

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, »
This build fails the same way whether using codeblocks or the automatic build script.

Not sure that the wxWidgets is the issue as two other applications xMenu and xScheduler seem to launch and work correctly...

Any help?  Really hoping to not go back to Vixen for production play back as it is not very stable.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, »
The converter isn't required for playback, so you could just use the scheduler you've built. The other option is to try the version 2 branch.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline inzeos

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, »
How mature is version 2?  I've unfortunately not had a lot of time this season to stay in touch with the forums.  Amazing how much time a toddler consumes :)

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, »
How mature is version 2?  I've unfortunately not had a lot of time this season to stay in touch with the forums.  Amazing how much time a toddler consumes :)

It's new (release 2012c was the first release out of this branch), but I am working on it every day. I am not working on version 1 any more.  Cheers,

Matt
Matt Brown