Author Topic: How to keep LED sign on constant?  (Read 1427 times)

Offline bking85295

How to keep LED sign on constant?
« on: November 26, 2012, »
I am using Vixen 2.1 and I would like to have my LED sign for the tune-in radio station on constant through all 6 songs.

I have it set to stay on for the entire duration of each of my 6 songs, but it still cycles off and then back on between each song.  I'm assuming this is going to wear the sign out much quicker.

Is there a way for a channel to stay on constantly, even in between songs?   

Obviously another alternative is to plug it in separate from the christmas light program, but I was hoping to have the scheduled program also tell the LED sign when to turn on at the beginning of the christmas light display.

Offline keitha43

Re: How to keep LED sign on constant?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, »
You could plug it in separate and put it on a timer.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, »
I put my tune to sign on for the duration of each sequence.  I do not notice any on/off between songs.  Do you have a delay between songs?  My show just flows from one sequence straight into the next.  I also specify in the show setup that one profile is to be used for all sequences.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline cody33rd

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, »
In Vixen go to the tools tab.  Then select preferences.  Then select sequence execution.  Uncheck the box that says "reset controller at end of sequences.  That should do it.
Springville Utah

Offline rm357

How to keep LED sign on constant?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, »

Don't worry about wearing out the sign - LEDs don't care how many times you turn them on and off.

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In Vixen go to the tools tab.  Then select preferences.  Then select sequence execution.  Uncheck the box that says "reset controller at end of sequences.  That should do it.

I did the same thing as well... until I got fed up with Vixen's Scheduler's bugginess and started using Xlights instead. Xlights doesn't "reset" the controllers at the end of sequences either, thankfully. I have one sequence at the end of my show that turns off all the lights.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login