Author Topic: Bad triac?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Re: Bad triac?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, »
So I looked at some videos using a desolder pump and apparently I was doing it wrong, but it works well for clearing holes and you don't have to be fast. I also have a cheap desolder pump and it still works, although I want to look into buying a better one.

If the hole is just solder (you removed the lead) and you can access the top and the bottom of the board, clamp it so you can get to both sides. Place the tip of the desolder pump over the hole and from the other side of the board touch the hole and the solder will quickly liquify. Hit the vacuum button on the desolder pump and your hole is clear.

Hope it helps.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, »
If the channel LED works but there is no output does this point to the triac or opto or neither in particular?

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think I bought the desoldering tool from Mouser.  It is a suction device that you "cock" and when you push the trigger a spring loaded device pops up and creates a vacuum.  Problem is you can't hold it on the joint when doing this.  It is basically useless.

Yes, I've used one of those and they are complete and utter garbage. Completely useless and frustrating. When I used the one from Radio Shack, it was a dream in comparison.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login