Author Topic: xLights LOR Conversion Problem  (Read 1186 times)

Offline nick

xLights LOR Conversion Problem
« on: November 27, 2012, »
I have a channel in my LOR sequence that is on at 100% for the entire length of the sequence. I am using xLights 2012b to convert it to an xLights sequence. Every channel works fine except this one channel that seems to be completely ignored by xLights. If I use xLights to play the LOR sequence file, then it works with no problem. I didn't see this mentioned as something fixed in 2012c, and I've been hesitant to upgrade just because everything else is working just fine. My workaround has been to change the very first timing in LOR to 99%. Then when I convert to an xLights sequence, the channel comes on and stays on.

Offline jstevens

• Professional Net Lurker
Re: xLights LOR Conversion Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, »
I can't speak to the XLights conversion issue, but this is a known LOR controller "feature" - a LOR channel will stay at the intensity the last command it received set it at.  The software generally doesn't send out "keep it at intensity xxx" like DMX does.

The beginning of your LOR sequence sets the intensity of that channel at 100% once, and then forgets about it.  Apparently the XLights conversion is ignoring that first setting if at 100%.  Setting it at 99% apparently gets around that.

I have a "Tune To" sign on a channel, that I originally set to 100% in a background sequence.  Since I do at times copy sequences from other people, I found I had accidentally  pasted to that channel.  The "Tune To" sign would go out/be dimmed/something until the background sequence would start over, then go back to 100% until the next time something in a foreground sequence changed it again.

That's a little more extensive than what you're experiencing, but the hardware reason is the same.

Keeping that in mind, you may want to vary the intensity by a percent or two several times during your sequence, just to make sure that channel sees a change and reacts to it.  I do that now, even though I'm not using the XLights for other than test purposes.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, »
Nick, what kind of controller do you have connected to that channel?

Offline nick

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, »
It's a Lynx Express v5.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, »
OK, I found the bug. The problem wasn't with the conversion code, but rather with the playback code. This will be fixed in the next release.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline nick

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, »
Thanks, Matt.