Author Topic: RGB Color Issue?  (Read 865 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
RGB Color Issue?
« on: November 28, 2012, »
This is kind of a strange one to me. I have a 32 string Megatree. Each half of the tree is driven by an active hub. If I am in test mode and go to RGB, select background and turn what should be red to 255 half of my tree is red, the other half is blue. If I turn all green, half green and the other half red, All blue half blue and other half green. In other words Half works as expected, the other half is 1 color off. Tested in LSP hardware test and everything seems to work ok. I have not run a sequence yet so I do not know how it will react, but I repost after a show.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: RGB Color Issue?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, »
Hi Roger,

try picking just the channels you need for the strands you think are off.  Xlights assigns RGB in that order across all selected channels so if you select any extra channels you will get this type of odd result.

Frank

Offline jeffcoast

Re: RGB Color Issue?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, »
When assigning channels, the testing programs assume red starts at channel 1 , green at 2 and blue at 3, and this repeats all the way to 4096. At 4097, it restarts at red. Which is one off if you continue from 1 to 4096, so you see this issue.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL