Author Topic: Scheduler issues  (Read 1380 times)

Offline kjam22

Scheduler issues
« on: November 29, 2012, »
I am having a couple of issues with the scheduler.  1st, I have sequences that play just fine in the sequencer but when I try to run them through the scheduler, timing of the light lags significantly behind the music and some channels won't activate at all.  Oddly enough the other sequences in the schedule play just find.  I tried reformatting the music per earlier comments but that did no work.

2nd issue is around sequences that will play just fine for one point of the performance but they won't have any output fot others.  Anyone have any ideas?

Offline zwiller

Re: Scheduler issues
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, »
I think its a well documented bug that LSP is scrambling to fix.  I also think eventually there will be something uncovered why the issue occurs.  Personally I think folks have way too many intervals in their sequences causing issues like this. 

I am going to try and go live this weekend and will post my thoughts since I plan to use the scheduler.  That said I do have a conductor for backup.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline kjam22

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, »
I guess I am going to convert over to xlights this weekend.  I have spent way too much time on my display to not be able to run it

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, »
I hear ya. I swear you posted about the conductor.  You giving up on it? 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline kjam22

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, »
Yes, I was having trouble with it so I gave up for this year.  I was afraid that if i kept messing with it that I might damage my etd.  I am going to start working on it again after Xmas.

Offline lightsoncallaway

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, »
I was having scheduler issues last year and switched to xlights and was very satisfied with its performance and stability.

Gave the scheduler a test run this year since LSP came out with an updated version and still noticed the scheduler issues, so I immediately went back to xlights and its been running stable for a week now.

Bottom line is that you won't be disappointed with xlights

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, »
I am hoping the next update expected any day tackles the scheduler issue.  I think it's priority #1 of the new quality control committee.  I am trying not to get my hopes up but I am expecting results since they are a good group of guys. 

Offline kjam22

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, »
I hope you are right and they can get it fixed soon.  I hope that they spend more time working on the stability issues vs adding new features.  I love the software, but you never know what you are going to get with each update.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, »
I was having problems as well. Now its working great. I have 2.5. WITHOUT THE UPDATE. That caused me major pain. I updated my puter to i7 and now all the quirks are finally gone. Dont update. Thats my advice...
Its the most wonderful time of the year.