Author Topic: (Fixed) Conductor Disconnects on Show Start  (Read 4816 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
(Fixed) Conductor Disconnects on Show Start
« on: November 30, 2012, »
I cannot get a show to play at all. As soon as a show goes to start the conductor goes to disconnected. I have gone out and made sure that lights are not playing and they are not. I have 1 seq in the show. Mp3 format, under 8 characters on both Mp3 and seq. Password in, show build, show scheduled. I have reformatted the Cf card and started over. If I remove power and reconnect Conductor comes back to life.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Conductor Disconnects on Show Start
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, »
You might be having the se issues as I have been. What fm transmitter do you have.
Sebastian from California

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Conductor Disconnects on Show Start
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, »
Not using one right now

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, »
Does the conductor work when connected to the pc through the control panel? I.e. playing a schedule in the control panel PC->Conductor->hub/LE-> Lights
Sebastian from California

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, »
Do you have anything connected to the audio port?  If so, disconnect and try without audio. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do you have anything connected to the audio port?  If so, disconnect and try without audio. 

Have tried without and with a pair of head phones same on both. I am not 100% sure on how Conductor uses the network, but I am still wondering if something in my network is blocking it? I was finally able to get it to play one song, but after the one song it stops and says not connected. I set a show to run this morning @ 8am, had my computer off (on purpose) and nothing at all. When I booted the computer and opened the Conductor utility it said it was waiting for the show @ 8. The time was 8:20.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, »
No matter what I do it will play 1 song then stop and say Not connected. If I start with different songs it will play the first song so it does not matter which song is first.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, »
Please provide me with a little more detail on what is working now, i.e. play one show.  In particular a directory listing of the file names and their sizes.  The show and its contents and the schedule.

When you say you have re-formated the CF card and started over, do you have a directory on your hard drive that contains your .SEQ and .MP3 files?  Are you copying these files, .SHO, Password.dat, and Playlist.dat, as well or are you recreating them after only copying .SEQ and .Mp3 files?  Are the files being copied as a group (all at once) or individually?

After the one song plays and then goes to "Not Connected", what happens after say 10 seconds?  Do you notice a periodically flashing (approximately every 5 to 6 seconds) on the Conductor control panel? What is happening with the yellow and green lights on the magic jack when it goes to "Not Connected"?

Let's start with this information and then progress from here.

Denny

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, »
Please provide me with a little more detail on what is working now, i.e. play one show.  In particular a directory listing of the file names and their sizes.  The show and its contents and the schedule.

When you say you have re-formated the CF card and started over, do you have a directory on your hard drive that contains your .SEQ and .MP3 files?  Are you copying these files, .SHO, Password.dat, and Playlist.dat, as well or are you recreating them after only copying .SEQ and .Mp3 files?  Are the files being copied as a group (all at once) or individually?

Yes I have a directory called Conductor that contains the .seq and .mp3 files. My Steps are as follows:
1. Quick format Cf Card
2. copy seq and mp3 files to CF card (I have done both 1 and a time and also as a pair.)
3. Opened Conductor Utility
4. Select ok without inserting password
5. Select kingston Flash drive
6. Select and make password using 0207
7. Select make show
8. Name a show test
9. Select 1 sequence and 1 mp3 file
10. Select the next Seq and Mp3
11. Save show
12. Open Schedule: see attached
13. Safe remove CF card
14. Insert card in Conductor

At that point the conductor will come on stating waiting, when the first song starts it will start to count up the seconds. At the end of the song the counting will stop for about 3 seconds then will go to not connected.

After the one song plays and then goes to "Not Connected", what happens after say 10 seconds?  Do you notice a periodically flashing (approximately every 5 to 6 seconds) on the Conductor control panel? What is happening with the yellow and green lights on the magic jack when it goes to "Not Connected"?

I have not paid attention to that, but I will tell you that anytime that I remove the CF card with the Conductor powered on the magic jack will go off off=no lights. The only way I  can get it back is to change the port on my modem.

Thanks Denny!
Roger

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, »
Ok The the show actually played both songs this time before it stopped. After the first song it started the next song for about 10 beats then restarted the second song, finished that song the stopped. See attached and notice the time.

Note: The Magic Jack stayed normal after the stop. Right on solid, left blinking at different speeds.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, »
Which song only played for 10 beats?

If its always the same song that I would delete that seq and create a new one with xLights. I had a corrupted seq file that would play a few seconds and then stop.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, »
Which song only played for 10 beats?

If its always the same song that I would delete that seq and create a new one with xLights. I had a corrupted seq file that would play a few seconds and then stop.

Rick R.

Thanks Rick,
 it actually played. It just started then restarted. It doesn't matter which order I go. Tonight was the first time that 2 songs played and I have not don one thing different.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, »
Still can't hurt to delete the seq files and start new. Might be a gremlin in the seq file somewhere :)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, »
Still can't hurt to delete the seq files and start new. Might be a gremlin in the seq file somewhere :)

Rick R.

Could also be a Grinch in the file.  ;D

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, »
 <la..

Rick R.

I am doing so now.