Author Topic: (Fixed) Conductor Disconnects on Show Start  (Read 4817 times)

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
Re: Conductor Disconnects on Show Start
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, »
A few more questions.

1. What is the order of the sequences in your show?
2. What is the mediainfo for the MP3 files?  In Explorer right click on MP3 file and select mediainfo.
3. Can you provide file sizes?  There's no limit on size but I'd like to have for reference.
4. Can you manually play each of the sequences to completion without any issues? 
5. Is it only an issue when you try to schedule the sequences?

Denny

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, »
A few more questions.

1. What is the order of the sequences in your show?

I have only been trying 2 as a test and I have reversed the order with no change

2. What is the mediainfo for the MP3 files?  In Explorer right click on MP3 file and select mediainfo.

See Attached

3. Can you provide file sizes?  There's no limit on size but I'd like to have for reference.

One is 52.5 meg the other is 39.9 Meg

4. Can you manually play each of the sequences to completion without any issues? 

No After it stops the play selected looks active,  but will not play.

If I restart the Conuctor Utility and select play it does the same thing. Plays the first song and stops. Says Not Connected then goes to waiting.

5. Is it only an issue when you try to schedule the sequences?

Not sure what you mean, but I am not having any other issues except the stated above. If I remove the CF card with power applied to the Etd I have to move to another output on my modem.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline caretaker

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, »
I am not sure if this means anything or not but I noticed that his computer and conductor are about 2 seconds different than each other, will that make a difference?
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, »
I am not sure if this means anything or not but I noticed that his computer and conductor are about 2 seconds different than each other, will that make a difference?

Not really. If the conductor is working correctly then you don't need the computer. The conductor doesn't know the computer is there or cares that its there. It will try to do its thing and only change if you tell it to change. Like update time, disable/enable schedule, manually play a show.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, »
This morning I went back through my notes I kept during beta testing of the Conductor.  I remembered I had a problem where one of the songs I picked at random to test the MP3 player would not play it.  It would play just fine with any other media player, e.g. Real Player or Windows Media Player, but it would not play on the Conductor.  In my case I found a space/blank character in the middle of the name.  I don't see that in your case from the Mediainfo though.  The only other time I had an issue was where the MP3 file was corrupt and it wouldn't play on anything.

The files names look OK (8 characters or less).

I assume that the song will play OK on another media player, e.g. Real Player or Windows Media Player, correct?

The mediainfo for the songs looks good .  I think a sampling rate of 44 KHz is recommended but 48.0 is OK.

You might try recreating the MP3 file with Audacity and see if that makes a difference.  It appears to me to be an issue with the MP3 file.

I'm not sure what I meant by question # 5 so ignore it although the comment about switching modem ports bothers me.

Denny

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, »

Won't sync. That's as close as it gets.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, »

I'm not sure what I meant by question # 5 so ignore it although the comment about switching modem ports bothers me.

Denny

Me too!

Thanks Denny I will rerun the Mp3s through Audacity an try again. Working outside right now.

To answer your question yes the media plays fine with all of the above.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, »
Have you tried known working files from someone else? 

We should add some sample files to the wiki for people to test.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, »
Have you tried known working files from someone else? 

We should add some sample files to the wiki for people to test.

Sounds good except we don't want to put MP3s in the wiki. We don't need to be shut down :)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, »
Agreed, but just a simple test MP3 that we create would be fine. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, »
You may have touched on a way to see if it is an mp3 issue or a .seq issue though. I will put the seqs in with out Mp3 and see if they play. That would at least help narrow it down I would think.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, »
Well I am still not sure. The lights are playing However this is what the Conductor Utility says.

I even opened and closed the utility and entered my password. Still shows not connected and have no active buttons.

Note: The Computer clock is counting so it is not frozen
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, »
Are you sure that is a problem?

When I manually run a show without audio I have the same screen and when the seq is done the Conductor software comes back. Now when I manually run a show with audio the stop show button is still enabled.

Rick R.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, »
The show played to completion.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, »
Update here:

Last night I ran 3 Mp3s through audacity (Again, I might point out) Using LSP exported 3 sequences to conductor and built a show in conductor. They all ran fine,. with no issues, in the conductor utility. All of the buttons that should be active during play were active. The show, showed playing, lights looked good and show stopped smoothly. Must have been an issue with both sequences and Mp3s. One thing that I did not do was run through my Radio Transmitter. That will come tonight.... hoping for no problems there.....fingers crossed. If all goes well first show of the year tonight!!

I know WAY behind everyone else. My wife keeps reminding me of that!  ;)